India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Canadian police see no apparent links in Quebec, Ottawa attacks
- Sensex gains in special trading session on Diwali
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Apple CEO says to add 25 stores in China within two years - Sina
- UPDATE 2-Suspected Boko Haram fighters kidnap 25 girls in northeast Nigeria
The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB), reeling from the fallout from the team's withdrawal from the tour of India, is facing fresh pressure from its worried commercial and broadcast partners. Full Article