India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 4-William Clay Ford Sr., grandson of pioneer automaker, dies at 88
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
- Golf-Reed in Cadillac driver's seat as Woods fades
- WRAPUP 9-Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
A stunning first-half strike by Kwadwo Asamoah gave Serie A leaders Juventus a 1-0 win over fourth-placed Fiorentina to maintain their 100 percent home record in the league on Sunday. Full Article