India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project
Beleaguered India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni appears set to retain his test captaincy role - if he has the desire to continue - due to a sheer lack of alternative options to take on the job after yet another calamitous overseas tour. Full Article