India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India to allow Nokia to transfer Chennai factory to Microsoft
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- GMR picks Citi, three others for $300-$350 million airport IPO - sources
- GMR, Megawide group set to win Philippine airport contract
- BSE Sensex to touch 24,000 by end-2014: Reuters poll
With Lionel Messi not due back from injury until next month, Barcelona will be looking to Neymar to add to Wednesday's hat-trick against Celtic and help the champions get back to winning ways in La Liga. Full Article