India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Putin says Russia not isolated over Ukraine, blames West for frosty ties
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan
- Pope declares sainthood of two Indians, four Italians
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
A tearful Lewis Hamilton joined the elite ranks of double Formula One world champions on Sunday after a nerve-racking drive to victory in the floodlit season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Full Article