India outplay Cambodia 6-0 in Nehru Cup opener
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India thrashed lower-ranked Cambodia 6-0 in the opening game of the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Friday.
Diminutive striker Sunil Chettri and midfielder Steven Dias struck two goals each as the home team overran the opposition after leading 2-0 at the end of the first half.
Midfielder Papachan Pradeep drove home a 25-metre shot in the 16th minute before skipper Baichung Bhutia converted a penalty in injury time at the end of the first 45 minutes after he was brought down by Cambodian keeper Oum Veasna.
Syria, Kyrgystan and Bangladesh are the other teams.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
Baking heat, rain and the threat of lightning all forced stoppages in play at the U.S. Open on Sunday but Roger Federer and Caroline Wozniacki marched on through a day of wild weather and upsets. Full Article