India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Lewis Hamilton completed a hat-trick of wins by leading a Mercedes one-two in the Chinese F1 Grand Prix on Sunday. Team mate Nico Rosberg followed the Briton home for the third race in a row to retain the overall lead in the championship. Full Article