India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter