India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- U.S. seeks coalition against Islamic State, but military partners no sure bet
- Modi to launch plan for every Indian household to have bank account