India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
Shikhar Dhawan smashed a six to seal a crushing nine-wicket victory over hapless England in the fourth one-day international in Birmingham on Tuesday. Full Article