India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Weinstein brothers sue Time Warner over 'Hobbit' films
- UPDATE 2-Budget deal headed to vote in U.S. House, passage predicted
- SPECIAL REPORT - In the land of the holy cow, fury over beef exports
- U.S. foundation buys Hopi masks at auction to return to tribe
- CANADA STOCKS-Fed fears yank TSX to biggest drop in 5-1/2 months
Last season's runners-up Borussia Dortmund were spared a Champions League exit when a dramatic late goal from Kevin Grosskreutz sent the German side into the last 16 on Wednesday. Full Article