India beat battling Bangladesh 1-0 in Nehru Cup
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - India defeated hardworking Bangladesh 1-0 to claim their second straight win in the five-nation Nehru Cup tournament on Monday.
Skipper Baichung Bhutia tapped in a loose ball from near the goal line in the fourth minute, handing Bangladesh a second defeat following their 2-0 reverse against favourites Syria.
Substitute Clifford Miranda then struck the cross-bar as India, 6-0 winners over Cambodia in their opener, attacked furiously in the second half without managing to score.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hong Kong protests approach potential National Day flashpoint
- Kurds seize Iraq/Syria border post; Sunni tribe joins fight against Islamic State
- Amal Alamuddin earns high-fashion accolades as Clooney's bride
- Microsoft names next operating system 'Windows 10'
- Obama, Modi work to deepen improving U.S.-India ties
Nemanja Matic's header ended Sporting's four-year unbeaten home run in Europe as Chelsea seized control of Champions League Group G with a 1-0 victory in Lisbon. Full Article