Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video
- IFC launches $2.5 billion rupee-denominated bonds for infra projects in India
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel
- UPDATE 1-Sears Canada reports loss, revenue slides 12 pct
Sin City Sequel
Femmes fatales and brutish men form a complex web in "Sin City: A Dame to Kill For," as old and new faces from Frank Miller's noir graphic novels are brought to life in film. Full Article