Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- As Nepali sherpa families cremate Everest victims, anger grows |
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Supreme Court allows iron ore mining in Goa with upper limit of 20 million tonnes
God Works For Hollywood
Studios have been searching for more faith-based films since Mel Gibson’s 2004 “The Passion of the Christ,” which tallied $611.9 million in worldwide ticket sales and was made on a modest $30 million budget, according to Box Office Mojo. Full Article