Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Sensex surges 500 points on BOJ easing, L&T gains
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article