Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Share rally peters out, euro lifted by PMI boost
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
PRAISE FOR BEAUTY
It's been a big year for Lupita Nyong'o. After winning an Oscar and a lucrative advertising deal the actress was named as the world's most beautiful woman for 2014 by People magazine. Read