Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
Michael Douglas is more accustomed to playing dashing leading men and corporate types, so he took a deep breath when offered the role of an ornery widower with a second chance for love in the romantic comedy "And So It Goes." Full Article