Bipasha Basu goes traditional for maiden Bengali film
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bipasha Basu's maiden Bengali film will see her trade in her glitzy outfits for saris in Rituparno Ghosh's "Sob Choritro Kalponik".
"I love saris and I'm wearing a lot of them in Ritu's film," said the 28-year-old actress. "It is what my character demands. It has nothing to do with me consciously choosing what to wear."
Basu is also expected to be dressed in more traditional attire in her upcoming projects "Pankh", "Draupadi" and Sir Ben Kingsley's "Shah Jahan".
But the actress denies she is going in for an image makeover.
"As an actor you have to do different roles and these roles demand you to sport different looks," she said. "I'm not trying to break any stereotype."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
- Apple iPhone 6 pre-orders hit record 4 million on first day |
- LAPD investigates complaint from detained 'Django' actress
- Iran says it rebuffed US invitation to join anti-Islamic State coalition
- Alibaba to boost IPO size on "overwhelming" demand - sources
TORONTO FILM FESTIVAL
"The Imitation Game," a biopic about British mathematician and World War Two code-breaker Alan Turing, won the top prize at the Toronto International Film Festival. Full Article