Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
Barcelona forward Lionel Messi set a La Liga record of 253 goals when he grabbed a hat-trick in Saturday's 5-1 win at home to Sevilla, the latest milestone for the four-times World Player of the Year. Full Article