Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- UPDATE 9-Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
Baking heat, rain and the threat of lightning all forced stoppages in play at the U.S. Open on Sunday but Roger Federer and Caroline Wozniacki marched on through a day of wild weather and upsets. Full Article