Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Putin says Russia wants to move to national currencies in trade
- Appointment of Arvind Subramanian as chief economic adviser hits Modi hurdle
- Modi aims to shake up sanitation with Clean India drive
Indian boxer L Sarita Devi's refusal to accept her bronze medal on the podium went against the values of sportsmanship, Asian Games organisers said on Thursday, adding they were reviewing the incident and could take action against her. Article | Related