Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- On Easter, Pope calls for end to war, condemns waste exacerbating hunger
- Abdullah widens lead in Afghan presidential vote - latest count
- Australia sees "regroup" on Malaysian plane search in a few days
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Lewis Hamilton completed a hat-trick of wins by leading a Mercedes one-two in the Chinese F1 Grand Prix on Sunday. Team mate Nico Rosberg followed the Briton home for the third race in a row to retain the overall lead in the championship. Full Article