Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots spurn independence in historic vote but demand new powers
- PM Modi says al Qaeda will fail in India - CNN
- India TV anchor's number is up after naming China's Xi 'Eleven'
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 2-SAP agrees to buy expense software maker Concur for $7.3 bln
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
The 17th Asian Games opened in a multi-coloured blaze of fireworks and carefully crafted K-Pop routines on Friday, as athletes from the world's most populous region came together in pursuit of gold and glory in South Korea. Full Article