Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- More quakes jolt Iceland overnight, spread to second volcano
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 2-Moscow courts back closure of three McDonald's branches
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- UPDATE 4-Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies