Valencia agree to sign Argentine midfielder Banega
MADRID (Reuters) - Valencia have agreed to sign Argentine midfielder Ever Banega on a five and a half year deal from Boca Juniors, the Primera Liga team said on Saturday.
Boca announced on Thursday they had agreed to sell the highly-rated 19-year-old to Valencia for a fee of 18 million euros ($26.50 million).
Banega, who had a medical on Saturday, is expected to fill the gap left by former Valencia captain David Albelda and out-of-favour Portugal international Manuel Fernandes.
Coach Ronald Koeman has told Albelda he will not play for the club again this season while Fernandes, dropped this week after being involved in an incident at a local nightclub, is expected to leave this month.
Valencia, without a win in five league matches, are seventh in the table.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Sweden gets two new sightings, as hunt for undersea intruder goes on
- UPDATE 4-NY says Ocwen backdated foreclosure letters, company shares slide
- U.S. to funnel travelers from Ebola-hit region through 5 airports
- New Total boss must overhaul exploration strategy, pursue cost cuts
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at age 90
Neymar and Lionel Messi maintained their lethal partnership with a goal apiece in a devastating first-half as Barcelona swept aside Ajax 3-1 in Champions League Group F. Full Article