Van Nistelrooy extends contract with Real Madrid to 2010
MADRID (Reuters) - Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy has signed a one-year contract extension that keeps him with the Spanish champions until 2010, the Primera Liga club said on Wednesday.
"I am delighted to be staying here for two more years. It's an honour for me to be a part of the history of Real Madrid," Van Nistelrooy told the club's Web site (www.realmadrid.com).
The Dutch international joined Real from Manchester United in 2006 and fired in 25 league goals in his debut season to lead the side to their first Primera Liga title in four years in June.
The 31-year-old has been a central figure in driving Real seven points clear at the top of the table in the current campaign as well, and is their leading scorer with nine league goals.
(Reporting by Mark Elkington)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Ukraine steelmen hold their ground as frontline marches towards port
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
Friends and rivals since they were 11, Novak Djokovic and Andy Murray renew acquaintances on Wednesday in a blockbuster quarter-final match at the U.S. Open. Full Article