India must raise pace of fiscal improvement - Fitch
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India needs to do more for fiscal improvement to catch up with its peer group, a senior official at Fitch Ratings said on Friday, after India unveiled its annual budget for the fiscal year that starts in April.
"Overall, we think the country's fiscal improvement is fairly in place, but India obviously has to do more to catch up with its rating peer group," Franklin Poon, director at Fitch Asia sovereign team in Hong Kong, told Reuters.
"So, the budget, in that perspective, is disappointing because it does not announce any measure for India to continue improve to fasten the pace of fiscal improvement," he said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- UPDATE 1-U.S. says Ukraine's "European future" can be saved - Nuland
- UPDATE 7-Ukrainian riot police withdraw after overnight move on demonstrators
- Google feeds India and China from data centres next door
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial