REFILE-Monsanto to buy vegetable seed company
(Refiling to fix repetition in first paragraph)
NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - U.S. agricultural biotech company Monsanto Co (MON.N) said on Monday it has agreed to acquire Netherlands based De Ruiter Seeds Group B.V., which operates De Ruiter Seeds, for 546 million euros, in a bid to expand its presence in the vegetable seeds business.
Monsanto said it intends to finance the acquisition with cash. The deal is expected to boost Monsanto's earnings and revenue by the second-full fiscal year following closure of the acquisition.
The companies did not announce a time frame for closing of the deal because of regulatory clearance requirements. (Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Brian Moss)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 3-Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic