REFILE-Monsanto to buy vegetable seed company
(Refiling to fix repetition in first paragraph)
NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - U.S. agricultural biotech company Monsanto Co (MON.N) said on Monday it has agreed to acquire Netherlands based De Ruiter Seeds Group B.V., which operates De Ruiter Seeds, for 546 million euros, in a bid to expand its presence in the vegetable seeds business.
Monsanto said it intends to finance the acquisition with cash. The deal is expected to boost Monsanto's earnings and revenue by the second-full fiscal year following closure of the acquisition.
The companies did not announce a time frame for closing of the deal because of regulatory clearance requirements. (Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Brian Moss)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Obamacare agency relies on manual back-ups as enrollment rises
- UPDATE 2-Pilots of Asiana crash knew speed was low -documents
- Supreme Court turns the clock back with gay sex ban
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls
- Uruguay's move to legalise marijuana breaks international treaty-INCB