REFILE-Monsanto to buy vegetable seed company
(Refiling to fix repetition in first paragraph)
NEW YORK, March 31 (Reuters) - U.S. agricultural biotech company Monsanto Co (MON.N) said on Monday it has agreed to acquire Netherlands based De Ruiter Seeds Group B.V., which operates De Ruiter Seeds, for 546 million euros, in a bid to expand its presence in the vegetable seeds business.
Monsanto said it intends to finance the acquisition with cash. The deal is expected to boost Monsanto's earnings and revenue by the second-full fiscal year following closure of the acquisition.
The companies did not announce a time frame for closing of the deal because of regulatory clearance requirements. (Reporting by Euan Rocha; Editing by Brian Moss)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5 |
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- US STOCKS-Housing data hits Wall St; S&P has worst day since Aug 5
- India's Mars mission a step closer to success with engine test