Diamond thong shown to the throng
SINGAPORE (Reuters) - A diamond thong worth S$168,000 ($122,000) was the highlight of a lingerie fashion show in Singapore on Thursday.
The Triumph Luxurious Diamond Thong had 518 brilliant-cut diamonds, totaling 30 carats, studded into the front of a black lace thong in a floral pattern. The skimpy underwear that left little to the imagination also had 27 white gold tassels hanging off it.
Danielle Luminita, a brunette model from Romania, was carried down the runway on the shoulders of two male models wearing only the diamond thong.
"It is very comfortable, it's not heavy or scratchy or anything," Luminita told Reuters backstage.
A spokeswoman for Triumph International, the lingerie company that commissioned the thong, said that the thong would be dry cleaned before going on display.
"It's a signature piece, obviously we aren't going to sell it," she said.
(Reporting by Melanie Lee)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - India set to run out of critical free drug for HIV/AIDS programme
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Defiant Hong Kong protesters demand leader steps down
- Ebola outbreaks in Nigeria, Senegal, appear contained: CDC reports
- Sturridge won't be fit for England, says Rodgers
Paris Fashion Week
Tracy Morgan incredulous that Wal-Mart blames him for accident injuries. Full Article