M D Mallya appointed CMD of Bank of Baroda
MUMBAI May 8 (Reuters) - State-run Bank of Baroda (BOB.BO) said on Thursday the federal government has appointed M.D. Mallya as the chairman and managing director of the bank.
Mallya, who was earlier the chairman and managing director of state-run Bank of Maharashtra (BMBK.BO), took over his new assignment from Wednesday and would continue until November 30, 2012 or until further orders, the bank said in a statement.
(Reporting by Kaustav Roy; Editing by Prem Udayabhanu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Govt urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
The Nifty surged past the psychologically important 8,000 level for the first time to mark its latest record high as blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro gained after better than expected quarterly economic growth data. Read
Government urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines Full Article