M D Mallya appointed CMD of Bank of Baroda
MUMBAI May 8 (Reuters) - State-run Bank of Baroda (BOB.BO) said on Thursday the federal government has appointed M.D. Mallya as the chairman and managing director of the bank.
Mallya, who was earlier the chairman and managing director of state-run Bank of Maharashtra (BMBK.BO), took over his new assignment from Wednesday and would continue until November 30, 2012 or until further orders, the bank said in a statement.
(Reporting by Kaustav Roy; Editing by Prem Udayabhanu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Justin Bieber apologizes after Japan shrine visit sparks Asian anger
- UPDATE 1-S.Korean prosecutors raid family home of ill-fated ferry's owner
- Led Zeppelin is back with 'Whole Lotta' unreleased tunes
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Share rally peters out, euro lifted by PMI boost
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry
India and its South Asian neighbours are expected to see below average to average rains this year if the El Nino weather pattern gains strength during the four-month monsoon season, a forum of weather experts said. Read