M D Mallya appointed CMD of Bank of Baroda
MUMBAI May 8 (Reuters) - State-run Bank of Baroda (BOB.BO) said on Thursday the federal government has appointed M.D. Mallya as the chairman and managing director of the bank.
Mallya, who was earlier the chairman and managing director of state-run Bank of Maharashtra (BMBK.BO), took over his new assignment from Wednesday and would continue until November 30, 2012 or until further orders, the bank said in a statement.
(Reporting by Kaustav Roy; Editing by Prem Udayabhanu)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
- UPDATE 5-U.S. further delays final decision on Keystone XL pipeline
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article
Turning smog into jewels - a Dutch designer's solution to Beijing's pollution. Video