German aid for solar power should fall 30 pct-CDU
BERLIN May 29 (Reuters) - State support for solar energy should be cut by 30 percent in 2009, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives said on Thursday.
Michael Fuchs, the head of the conservatives' parliamentary panel on small and medium-sized businesses, said the proposal had been agreed with environmental policymakers within his Christian Democratic (CDU) party.
The proposal now needed to be discussed with the centre-left Social Democrats, who rule in coalition with the conservatives, he added.
(Reporting by Thorsten Severin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- Australia's Wesfarmers plans A$1.12 billion insurance spinoff - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 3-Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
PLANE GOES MISSING
A Malaysia Airlines flight carrying 227 passengers and 12 crew was presumed to have crashed off the Vietnamese coast on Saturday, and European officials said two people on board were using false identities. Full Article