German aid for solar power should fall 30 pct-CDU
BERLIN May 29 (Reuters) - State support for solar energy should be cut by 30 percent in 2009, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives said on Thursday.
Michael Fuchs, the head of the conservatives' parliamentary panel on small and medium-sized businesses, said the proposal had been agreed with environmental policymakers within his Christian Democratic (CDU) party.
The proposal now needed to be discussed with the centre-left Social Democrats, who rule in coalition with the conservatives, he added.
(Reporting by Thorsten Severin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Mercedes, BMW chase ultra rich clients with new high end cars