German aid for solar power should fall 30 pct-CDU
BERLIN May 29 (Reuters) - State support for solar energy should be cut by 30 percent in 2009, a senior member of Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives said on Thursday.
Michael Fuchs, the head of the conservatives' parliamentary panel on small and medium-sized businesses, said the proposal had been agreed with environmental policymakers within his Christian Democratic (CDU) party.
The proposal now needed to be discussed with the centre-left Social Democrats, who rule in coalition with the conservatives, he added.
(Reporting by Thorsten Severin)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 8-Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- Harley-Davidson, a U.S. icon, highlights offshoring's perils
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article