For a pathogen with such a short history, the mysterious new virus killing people in the Middle East and Europe has already had an amazing array of names. Full Article
FACTBOX: Doctor says Obama in excellent health
(Reuters) - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama is in excellent health, his doctor said on Thursday.
Here are some details from his medical report:
* No instance of any major ailments over the past 21 years in which Dr David Scheiner has been Obama's personal physician.
* Has a family history of cancer -- his mother died from ovarian cancer and his grandfather had prostate cancer.
* Tests during his last physical exam in January 2007 to screen for prostate cancer showed a PSA level of 0.6 which Scheiner said was "very good".
* Obama has a history of cigarette smoking. His doctor says Obama has quit smoking several times and is currently using Nicorette gum to break the habit.
* A regular exerciser, Obama's resting heart rate was 60 beats per minute. His blood pressure was a low 90/60 and he has a lean, muscular build with no excess body fat.
* Laboratory studies showed a low cholesterol level of 173 and an EKG heart test was normal.
(Reporting by Deborah Charles in Chicago, Editing by Sandra Maler)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this