Yahoo, Google set for announcement: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc and Google Inc will make a joint announcement on Thursday afternoon, the technology blog TechCrunch reported, citing an unidentified source close to one of the companies.
TechCrunch said the announcement is likely to be a search partnership between the two companies that outsources all or part of Yahoo search marketing, and possibly search itself, to Google.
Yahoo shares were down 3.29 percent at $25.29 in afternoon Nasdaq trading. Google shares were up 0.79 percent at $549.50. Shares of Microsoft Corp, which is in talks about a partnership with Yahoo, were up 1.14 percent at $27.43.
All three companies were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Michele Gershberg, editing by Dave Zimmerman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Japan will conduct Pacific whale hunt in wake of court ruling
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression