Yahoo, Google set for announcement: report
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Yahoo Inc and Google Inc will make a joint announcement on Thursday afternoon, the technology blog TechCrunch reported, citing an unidentified source close to one of the companies.
TechCrunch said the announcement is likely to be a search partnership between the two companies that outsources all or part of Yahoo search marketing, and possibly search itself, to Google.
Yahoo shares were down 3.29 percent at $25.29 in afternoon Nasdaq trading. Google shares were up 0.79 percent at $549.50. Shares of Microsoft Corp, which is in talks about a partnership with Yahoo, were up 1.14 percent at $27.43.
All three companies were not immediately available for comment.
(Reporting by Michele Gershberg, editing by Dave Zimmerman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project