MANILA Typhoon Fengshen has killed 155 people in the Philippines in a torrent of flashfloods and landslides, the head of the Philippines Red Cross, Richard Gordon, told local radio on Sunday.
The death toll from the typhoon was earlier pegged at around 85. It could rise sharply after a ferry with more than 700 people on board capsized off an island in the central Philippines with few survivors found so far.
Trending On Reuters
The United States and its NATO allies denounced Russia on Monday for violating Turkish air space along the frontier with Syria, and Ankara threatened to respond if provoked again, raising the prospect of direct confrontation between the Cold War enemies. Full Article | Video
- U.N. to hold off on separate Afghan bombing probe for now
- Israel toughens measures against Palestinians, West Bank youth killed
- U.S.-Russia agreement on Syria might help on Ukraine - Finnish leader
- German interior minister calls for limit to number of refugees
- With a whiff of Wall Street, Indonesia's Jokowi tries a new tack