Typhoon Fengshen kills 155 in Philippines - Red Cross
MANILA (Reuters) - Typhoon Fengshen has killed 155 people in the Philippines in a torrent of flashfloods and landslides, the head of the Philippines Red Cross, Richard Gordon, told local radio on Sunday.
The death toll from the typhoon was earlier pegged at around 85. It could rise sharply after a ferry with more than 700 people on board capsized off an island in the central Philippines with few survivors found so far.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, facing international alarm over a rising civilian death toll in Gaza, said on Thursday he would not accept any ceasefire that stopped Israel completing the destruction of militants' infiltration tunnels. Full Article
International experts reach plane crash site in east Ukraine - OSCE Full Article