Typhoon Fengshen kills 155 in Philippines - Red Cross
MANILA (Reuters) - Typhoon Fengshen has killed 155 people in the Philippines in a torrent of flashfloods and landslides, the head of the Philippines Red Cross, Richard Gordon, told local radio on Sunday.
The death toll from the typhoon was earlier pegged at around 85. It could rise sharply after a ferry with more than 700 people on board capsized off an island in the central Philippines with few survivors found so far.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
Ferguson Teen Shooting
The St. Louis area braced for another day of protests on Tuesday after a grand jury cleared a white police officer in the fatal August shooting of an unarmed black teenager, sparking a night of violent and racially charged rioting. Full Article
U.S. to leave more troops in Afghanistan than first planned - sources. Full Article