UPDATE 1-China TCL share placement to raise $249 million
(Rewrites with details, background)
SHANGHAI, July 15 (Reuters) - Chinese television and mobile phone maker TCL Corp 000100.SZ said on Tuesday it would raise 1.7 billion yuan ($249 million) via a share placement in order to expand production of televisions using liquid crystal displays.
The company said it would place between 200 million and 440.62 million new A-shares with as many as ten investors including its chairman, Li Dongsheng.
The issue, equivalent to as much as 17 percent of the company's existing share capital, would be priced at no less than 3.85 yuan per share, a 12 percent discount to the firm's last market price of 4.36 yuan.
TCL said it would spend the money on one production line for LCD televisions with screens of up to 42 inches, and another line making TVs with screen sizes up to 56 inches. ($1 = 6.82 Yuan) (Reporting by Sophie Taylor; Editing by Andrew Torchia)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- Facebook says SEC's IPO probe ends, extending WhatsApp closing date
- Israel says ready to extend short Gaza truce; many bodies pulled from rubble
- Russia criticises EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- UPDATE 4-Russia criticises EU sanctions, raps US over Ukraine role