PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- UPDATE 3-Starbucks Americas sales disappoint on softer traffic
The BSE Sensex and Nifty on Friday rose to their second consecutive record highs. The 30-share Sensex surged as much as 1.5 percent to an all-time high of 27,759.01. The broader Nifty gained as much as 1.49 percent to a record of 8,291.65. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article