PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article