PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- UPDATE 11-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- India warns Pakistan of more pain in Kashmir fighting
- Govt orders Financial Tech to absorb NSEL, liabilities
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article