PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 7-U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- U.S. urges Moscow to immediately withdraw convoy from Ukraine
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX slips after Yellen comments, Ukraine tensions
- Liverpool won't change attacking style says Rodgers
More than 70 percent of Indians are satisfied with the leadership of Prime Minister Narendra Modi since he took office nearly three months ago, an opinion poll showed, seeing in him the best hope to put the economy back on track. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article