PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 10-Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- UPDATE 3-Avalanche kills at least 12 guides in deadliest incident on Mount Everest
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Vice-principal of South Korea school in ferry disaster commits suicide
- Mediterranean diet may slow diabetes progression
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article