PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- Islamic State kills at least 25 Iraqi tribesmen near Ramadi - officials
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- Volunteer snow shovelers hit Buffalo streets as flooding fears rise |
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article