PTA Bank finances $109mln Zambia crude oil imports
LUSAKA, July 30
LUSAKA, July 30 (Reuters) - The Pan-African PTA Bank has paid $109 million to finance the purchase of 90,000 tonnes of crude oil by Zambia following delays to agree a long-term deal with other financiers, a government official said on Wednesday.
Oscar Kalumiana, the acting energy and water development permanent secretary, also said Zambia plans a month-long closure of its sole Indeni Oil Refinery for routine maintenance in September.
(Reporting By Shapi Shacinda)
(Lusaka newsroom +260-977843609/260-955779523)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Russia transfer of rocket system to Ukraine rebels imminent- Pentagon
- UPDATE 3-Nigeria government confirms Ebola case in megacity of Lagos
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- UPDATE 1-Market Basket mulls ex-CEO's buyout offer as employees rally
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
Israel and Palestinian militant groups in the Gaza Strip have agreed to a U.N.-requested 12-hour humanitarian truce to begin on Saturday morning, and efforts to secure a long-term cease-fire moved ahead. Full Article
Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors Full Article