Bindra gets lifetime rail pass
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Shooter Abhinav Bindra will get a free lifetime railway pass for winning his nation's first solo title in an Olympics on Monday -- a perfect reward for someone who says he dislikes air travel.
The pass will allow airconditioned first class travel with a companion for the shooter who constantly flies around the world for major meets.
Bindra, 25, won the men's 10m air rifle gold medal at the Beijing Games, bringing unbridled joy to his medal-starved nation which has showered him with many cash incentives.
Asked after his triumph in Beijing if he was looking forward to going home to a hero's welcome, the laconic Bindra replied: "Not really. I don't like plane travels."
However, the shooter has no fear of flying, an Indian shooting official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 2-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
England skipper Alastair Cook is running out of time, excuses and places to hide after Mahendra Singh Dhoni's India became the latest side to expose his weaknesses with a thumping victory at Lord's to open a 1-0 lead in their five-match series. Full Article