Bindra gets lifetime rail pass
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Shooter Abhinav Bindra will get a free lifetime railway pass for winning his nation's first solo title in an Olympics on Monday -- a perfect reward for someone who says he dislikes air travel.
The pass will allow airconditioned first class travel with a companion for the shooter who constantly flies around the world for major meets.
Bindra, 25, won the men's 10m air rifle gold medal at the Beijing Games, bringing unbridled joy to his medal-starved nation which has showered him with many cash incentives.
Asked after his triumph in Beijing if he was looking forward to going home to a hero's welcome, the laconic Bindra replied: "Not really. I don't like plane travels."
However, the shooter has no fear of flying, an Indian shooting official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Shikhar Dhawan smashed a six to seal a crushing nine-wicket victory over hapless England in the fourth one-day international in Birmingham on Tuesday. Full Article