Bindra gets lifetime rail pass
NEW DELHI (Reuters) - Shooter Abhinav Bindra will get a free lifetime railway pass for winning his nation's first solo title in an Olympics on Monday -- a perfect reward for someone who says he dislikes air travel.
The pass will allow airconditioned first class travel with a companion for the shooter who constantly flies around the world for major meets.
Bindra, 25, won the men's 10m air rifle gold medal at the Beijing Games, bringing unbridled joy to his medal-starved nation which has showered him with many cash incentives.
Asked after his triumph in Beijing if he was looking forward to going home to a hero's welcome, the laconic Bindra replied: "Not really. I don't like plane travels."
However, the shooter has no fear of flying, an Indian shooting official said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 2-Argentina defaults but investors see deal possible eventually
- Cricket - India four down and facing England defeat
Spinner Moeen Ali claimed six wickets to inspire England to a crushing 266-run win over India on Thursday to level an absorbing series at 1-1 with two matches to play. Full Article