Likely Terror Attack
A British soldier was hacked to death by two men shouting Islamic slogans in a south London street on Wednesday, in what the government said appeared to be a terrorist attack. Full Article
- Soldier hacked to death in London in suspected Islamist attack
- FBI says man shot dead while being questioned about Boston bombings
- Short story writer Lydia Davis wins Man Booker International fiction prize
- Gold slips after Bernanke hints at slowing bond buys
- Gold slides as Fed chief hints at reduced bond buying
Medvedev raises two conditions to peace in Georgia
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's President Dmitry Medvedev said on Tuesday a full settlement of the military conflict with Georgia was subject to two conditions, including Georgia moving its troops to pre-conflict positions.
"We can discuss the question of a definitive settlement if two conditions are met," Medvedev said before meeting French President Nicolas Sarkozy.
"First, Georgian troops should return to their initial position and be partly demilitarised. Second, we need to sign a binding agreement on non-use of force."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this