IOC disciplinary meeting over Abrahamian
BEIJING (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will hold a disciplinary hearing on Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian after he threw down his bronze medal on Thursday following his failure to win gold, an IOC official told Reuters.
Abrahamian, competing in the 84kg category, took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat and then walked off.
He had earlier complained about the refereeing.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Jon Bramley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Wal-Mart and allies in face-off with Apple Pay over mobile payments
- India's universal healthcare rollout to cost $26 billion
- Sensex, Nifty hit record highs, shrug off Fed's hawkish tone
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Hundreds of Iraqi tribesmen opposed to Islamic State found in mass graves
On The Field
Raphael Varane converted two corners as a second-string Real Madrid began the defence of their King’s Cup crown with a 4-1 victory against third-tier part-timers Cornella. Full Article