IOC disciplinary meeting over Abrahamian
BEIJING (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will hold a disciplinary hearing on Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian after he threw down his bronze medal on Thursday following his failure to win gold, an IOC official told Reuters.
Abrahamian, competing in the 84kg category, took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat and then walked off.
He had earlier complained about the refereeing.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Jon Bramley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- U.S. Secret Service director resigns under fire
Indian boxer L Sarita Devi could face disciplinary action after being reported to Asian Olympic officials for refusing to accept her bronze medal at the Asian Games on Wednesday. Full Article