IOC disciplinary meeting over Abrahamian
BEIJING (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will hold a disciplinary hearing on Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian after he threw down his bronze medal on Thursday following his failure to win gold, an IOC official told Reuters.
Abrahamian, competing in the 84kg category, took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat and then walked off.
He had earlier complained about the refereeing.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Jon Bramley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA |
- Iraqi official briefs Syria's Assad on efforts against Islamic State
- Pakistani Islamists use floods to turn opinion against India
- Google launches $105 Android One; eyes low-price smartphone boom
Holders Real Madrid chased away some of their early-season blues when Gareth Bale scored the pick of the goals in a 5-1 rout of FC Basel in their Champions League Group B opener on Tuesday. Full Article