IOC disciplinary meeting over Abrahamian
BEIJING (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will hold a disciplinary hearing on Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian after he threw down his bronze medal on Thursday following his failure to win gold, an IOC official told Reuters.
Abrahamian, competing in the 84kg category, took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat and then walked off.
He had earlier complained about the refereeing.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Jon Bramley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Korea ferry businessman's body found next to book, alcohol bottles
- UPDATE 3-Comcast profit boosted by internet subscriber growth, NBC
- Italy gives Google 18 months to change data use practices
- Tamil girl accuses naval personnel of rape, Sri Lanka police say
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
England skipper Alastair Cook is running out of time, excuses and places to hide after Mahendra Singh Dhoni's India became the latest side to expose his weaknesses with a thumping victory at Lord's to open a 1-0 lead in their five-match series. Full Article