IOC disciplinary meeting over Abrahamian
BEIJING (Reuters) - The International Olympic Committee will hold a disciplinary hearing on Swedish wrestler Ara Abrahamian after he threw down his bronze medal on Thursday following his failure to win gold, an IOC official told Reuters.
Abrahamian, competing in the 84kg category, took the bronze from around his neck during the medal ceremony, stepped from the podium and dropped it in the middle of the wrestling mat and then walked off.
He had earlier complained about the refereeing.
(Reporting by Karolos Grohmann, Editing by Jon Bramley)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- Two killed, four wounded in Washington state school shooting
- Reuters Poll - India's growth pace to pick up as reforms draw investment
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 12-Two U.S. states to quarantine health workers returning from Ebola zones
Rafa Nadal's announcement on Friday that he will miss the ATP World Tour Finals because of appendicitis ended a difficult year for the Spaniard during which he has endured injury, illness and worrying defeats. Full Article