Hot date with Bipasha in store for 'golden' Vijender
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu has offered to go on a date with Indian boxer Vijender Kumar if he wins gold at the Beijing Olympics.
Kumar, 23, assured himself of at least a bronze medal when he outpointed Ecuador's Carlos Goncora in the middleweight quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Now, he’s two bouts away from Olympic gold and a “hot” date with one of Bollywood’s most glamorous heroines.
“I have heard that Vijender told the media that I am his favourite actress,” Basu told reporters on Thursday.
“Well, let me tell him that if he wins the gold medal for India, I will go on a hot date with him.”
Up next for the handsome pugilist from Haryana, a part-time model, is a bout against Cuba's Emilio Correa.
“I just want to wish him all the best for his semifinal bout, and I hope he comes home with the gold,” Basu said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Govt considers ban on e-cigarettes, sale of single smokes
- India's fiscal deficit in H1 almost 83 pct of full-year target
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Muslim men over 50 pray at Jerusalem's Aqsa mosque amid tight security
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
Somali pirates have freed seven Indian sailors detained for close to four years in exchange for an undisclosed ransom, Somali officials and a maritime monitoring group said on Friday. Full Article