Hot date with Bipasha in store for 'golden' Vijender
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu has offered to go on a date with Indian boxer Vijender Kumar if he wins gold at the Beijing Olympics.
Kumar, 23, assured himself of at least a bronze medal when he outpointed Ecuador's Carlos Goncora in the middleweight quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Now, he’s two bouts away from Olympic gold and a “hot” date with one of Bollywood’s most glamorous heroines.
“I have heard that Vijender told the media that I am his favourite actress,” Basu told reporters on Thursday.
“Well, let me tell him that if he wins the gold medal for India, I will go on a hot date with him.”
Up next for the handsome pugilist from Haryana, a part-time model, is a bout against Cuba's Emilio Correa.
“I just want to wish him all the best for his semifinal bout, and I hope he comes home with the gold,” Basu said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Jet Airways chairman says looking to restructure debts, talking to bankers
- China's Xiaomi hopes Mi 4 smartphone can take on Apple
- U.N.'s Pillay says Israel may be committing war crimes
- Nifty hits record high on foreign buying, higher Asian stocks
- Ukraine says pro-Russia rebels shoot down two fighter jets
The Nifty rose to a record high on Wednesday, led by gains in blue-chips such as ICICI Bank on continued foreign-investor buying, while higher Asian shares also helped sentiment. Full Article
Supreme Court could allow Sahara boss to conduct asset sale talks, company says. Full Article