Hot date with Bipasha in store for 'golden' Vijender
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actress Bipasha Basu has offered to go on a date with Indian boxer Vijender Kumar if he wins gold at the Beijing Olympics.
Kumar, 23, assured himself of at least a bronze medal when he outpointed Ecuador's Carlos Goncora in the middleweight quarterfinals on Wednesday.
Now, he’s two bouts away from Olympic gold and a “hot” date with one of Bollywood’s most glamorous heroines.
“I have heard that Vijender told the media that I am his favourite actress,” Basu told reporters on Thursday.
“Well, let me tell him that if he wins the gold medal for India, I will go on a hot date with him.”
Up next for the handsome pugilist from Haryana, a part-time model, is a bout against Cuba's Emilio Correa.
“I just want to wish him all the best for his semifinal bout, and I hope he comes home with the gold,” Basu said.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- Afghanistan's powerful Vice President Fahim dies