Coldplay win two top Q music awards
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - British band Coldplay won two top prizes at the Q music magazine awards on Monday, taking the Best Album title for chart-topper "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" and the Best Act in the World accolade.
Welsh soul star Duffy, whose debut album "Rockferry" has sold an estimated 3.5 million copies worldwide so far, won her first Q prize when she was named Breakthrough Artist at the 2008 awards in London, according to the magazine's website.
English group Keane won the Best Track category for "Spiralling" from their third album "Perfect Symmetry", and U.S. indie rock band Vampire Weekend scooped the Best Video title with "A-Punk".
The Kaiser Chiefs were named Best Live Act, and The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, won the Best New Act award, rounding off the major categories.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- UPDATE 3-Apple says its systems not to blame for celebrity photo breach
- Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Pop star Justin Bieber was charged with assault and dangerous driving over the weekend after an incident near the small Canadian town where he grew up, one of his lawyers said in a statement on Tuesday. Full Article
Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked. Full Article
'Guardians of the Galaxy' wins weekend, tops this year's box office universe Full Article