Coldplay win two top Q music awards
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - British band Coldplay won two top prizes at the Q music magazine awards on Monday, taking the Best Album title for chart-topper "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" and the Best Act in the World accolade.
Welsh soul star Duffy, whose debut album "Rockferry" has sold an estimated 3.5 million copies worldwide so far, won her first Q prize when she was named Breakthrough Artist at the 2008 awards in London, according to the magazine's website.
English group Keane won the Best Track category for "Spiralling" from their third album "Perfect Symmetry", and U.S. indie rock band Vampire Weekend scooped the Best Video title with "A-Punk".
The Kaiser Chiefs were named Best Live Act, and The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, won the Best New Act award, rounding off the major categories.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Islamic State releases video it says shows British journalist John Cantlie
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- International country music singer George Hamilton IV dies at 77
- Jailed Fatah leader lauds Gaza 'victory', urges confrontation with Israel
Sophia Loren, Italy's national cinema icon and eternal diva, turns 80 this week and is marking the milestone with a book of memoirs revealing details of her rags-to-riches life. Full Article