Coldplay win two top Q music awards
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - British band Coldplay won two top prizes at the Q music magazine awards on Monday, taking the Best Album title for chart-topper "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" and the Best Act in the World accolade.
Welsh soul star Duffy, whose debut album "Rockferry" has sold an estimated 3.5 million copies worldwide so far, won her first Q prize when she was named Breakthrough Artist at the 2008 awards in London, according to the magazine's website.
English group Keane won the Best Track category for "Spiralling" from their third album "Perfect Symmetry", and U.S. indie rock band Vampire Weekend scooped the Best Video title with "A-Punk".
The Kaiser Chiefs were named Best Live Act, and The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, won the Best New Act award, rounding off the major categories.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- REFILE-Slain journalist's employer publishes email to family from Islamic State
- Arvind Subramanian likely to be chief econ adviser
- UPDATE 2- Santos touts growth prospects with big gas find off Australia
- Gold near two-month low; set for weekly drop on interest rate fears
“Katiyabaaz” takes a compelling look at an enormous problem, and transforms the mundane, all-too-familiar reality of India’s power crisis into a gripping tale of Indian ingenuity and battle for survival. The movie releases on Friday; watch it if stark reality on celluloid does not leave you feeling bored, short-changed or overwhelmed, writes Anupriya Kumar. Review