Coldplay win two top Q music awards
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - British band Coldplay won two top prizes at the Q music magazine awards on Monday, taking the Best Album title for chart-topper "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" and the Best Act in the World accolade.
Welsh soul star Duffy, whose debut album "Rockferry" has sold an estimated 3.5 million copies worldwide so far, won her first Q prize when she was named Breakthrough Artist at the 2008 awards in London, according to the magazine's website.
English group Keane won the Best Track category for "Spiralling" from their third album "Perfect Symmetry", and U.S. indie rock band Vampire Weekend scooped the Best Video title with "A-Punk".
The Kaiser Chiefs were named Best Live Act, and The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, won the Best New Act award, rounding off the major categories.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Twelve-hour cease-fire takes effect between Israel, Gaza militants
- India threatens to derail WTO deal, prompts angry U.S. rebuke
- UPDATE 1-Former Bear Stearns chairman Greenberg dead at 86
- Israel rejects Gaza ceasefire plan, wants changes - govt source
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds
Laughter and death did battle on Friday at HBO's "Game of Thrones" panel at Comic Con, one of the highlights of the annual gathering of entertainment enthusiasts, with the introduction of new characters to supplant the deceased for season five. Full Article
"The Judge", with Duvall and Downey, to open Toronto Film Festival Full Article