Coldplay win two top Q music awards
LONDON (Reuters Life!) - British band Coldplay won two top prizes at the Q music magazine awards on Monday, taking the Best Album title for chart-topper "Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends" and the Best Act in the World accolade.
Welsh soul star Duffy, whose debut album "Rockferry" has sold an estimated 3.5 million copies worldwide so far, won her first Q prize when she was named Breakthrough Artist at the 2008 awards in London, according to the magazine's website.
English group Keane won the Best Track category for "Spiralling" from their third album "Perfect Symmetry", and U.S. indie rock band Vampire Weekend scooped the Best Video title with "A-Punk".
The Kaiser Chiefs were named Best Live Act, and The Last Shadow Puppets, featuring Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys, won the Best New Act award, rounding off the major categories.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing
It's been a big year for Lupita Nyong'o. After winning an Oscar and a lucrative advertising deal the actress was named on Wednesday as the world's most beautiful woman for 2014 by People magazine. Read | Lupita in pics