Johnson-Saft to build batteries for BMW hybrid
DETROIT Oct 14 (Reuters) - A joint venture of Johnson Controls Inc (JCI.N) and French battery maker Saft (S1A.PA) said on Tuesday it would provide lithium-ion batteries for BMW AG's (BMWG.DE) 7 Series hybrid car.
The lithium-ion cells and modules for the BMW ActiveHybrid car, currently being showcased at the Paris motor show, will be produced at the Johnson Controls-Saft production facility in Nersac, France, it said in a statement. (Reporting by Soyoung Kim, editing by Gerald E. McCormick)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 1-Boehner erupts at conservative groups ahead of U.S. budget vote
- UPDATE 2-Hawaii official who released Obama birth certificate dies in plane crash
- Republican feud boils over in U.S. budget deal fight
- US STOCKS-Wall St drops on taper anxiety; Facebook rallies
- UPDATE 2-Bank of Canada sees rates on hold 'quite some time'