Russia must help tighten Iran sanctions - Sarkozy
MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - There is no alternative to tightening sanctions against Iran over its nuclear work if it does not meet western demands and Russia must show it is ready help with such a move, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.
"We need the Russians to help so that sanctions against Iran are effective," Sarkozy told the Munich Security Conference.
"We only have one solution left, reinforce sanctions against Iran and link Russia to this process," he added. "It is up to Russia to decide which face it wants to show. If it wants peace it should show it. If it wants to be a (global player), it should help us with Iran."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- TCS net profit rises 51.5 percent, sees stronger sales growth
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in S. Korean ferry disaster
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- Too much animal protein tied to higher diabetes risk
More than 280 people, many of them students from the same high school, were missing after a ferry capsized off South Korea on Wednesday, in what could be the country's biggest maritime disaster in over 20 years. Full Article | Slideshow
New York City police disbands unit that watched Muslim communities . Full Article
The Christian faithful celebrate Holy Week, the week which leads into Easter Sunday. Slideshow