Russia must help tighten Iran sanctions - Sarkozy
MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - There is no alternative to tightening sanctions against Iran over its nuclear work if it does not meet western demands and Russia must show it is ready help with such a move, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.
"We need the Russians to help so that sanctions against Iran are effective," Sarkozy told the Munich Security Conference.
"We only have one solution left, reinforce sanctions against Iran and link Russia to this process," he added. "It is up to Russia to decide which face it wants to show. If it wants peace it should show it. If it wants to be a (global player), it should help us with Iran."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Drama of mother starving baby grips Venice fest
- NATO to create new "spearhead" force to respond to crises
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- EU seeks rivals' feedback on Facebook, WhatsApp deal
Pakistani soldiers and paramilitary forces secured the headquarters of the state television channel PTV in Islamabad on Monday after a crowd of anti-government protesters stormed the building and took the channel off the air. Full Article