Russia must help tighten Iran sanctions - Sarkozy
MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - There is no alternative to tightening sanctions against Iran over its nuclear work if it does not meet western demands and Russia must show it is ready help with such a move, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.
"We need the Russians to help so that sanctions against Iran are effective," Sarkozy told the Munich Security Conference.
"We only have one solution left, reinforce sanctions against Iran and link Russia to this process," he added. "It is up to Russia to decide which face it wants to show. If it wants peace it should show it. If it wants to be a (global player), it should help us with Iran."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast - source
- UPDATE 3-U.S. Senate intelligence chief accuses CIA of spying on Senate
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions
- UPDATE 3-Libyan navy attacks ship carrying oil from rebel port; PM sacked
- Maoists kill 16 in attack on police
MISSING MALAYSIAN PLANE
Malaysia's military believes a jetliner missing for almost four days turned and flew hundreds of kilometres to the west after it last made contact with civilian air traffic control off the country's east coast, a senior officer told Reuters on Tuesday. Full Article | Slideshow
Militant Islamist website calls for attacks on France and Hollande - SITE. Full Article
N.Korea using sophisticated means to avoid U.N. sanctions - U.N. report. Full Article