Russia must help tighten Iran sanctions - Sarkozy
MUNICH, Germany (Reuters) - There is no alternative to tightening sanctions against Iran over its nuclear work if it does not meet western demands and Russia must show it is ready help with such a move, French President Nicolas Sarkozy said.
"We need the Russians to help so that sanctions against Iran are effective," Sarkozy told the Munich Security Conference.
"We only have one solution left, reinforce sanctions against Iran and link Russia to this process," he added. "It is up to Russia to decide which face it wants to show. If it wants peace it should show it. If it wants to be a (global player), it should help us with Iran."
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India moves toward ban on loose cigarettes to deter smoking
- Cold hard facts: Underwater robot measures Antarctic sea ice |
- 'Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion suit, Casablanca piano go for millions
- Jewish-nation bill frays Israel's delicate social fabric
- Missouri governor orders more troops to Ferguson after riots |
Ferguson Teen Shooting
The St. Louis area braced for another day of protests on Tuesday after a grand jury cleared a white police officer in the fatal August shooting of an unarmed black teenager, sparking a night of violent and racially charged rioting. Full Article
U.S. to leave more troops in Afghanistan than first planned - sources. Full Article