GAIL's gas supply to Gujarat Gas cut by 31 pct
MUMBAI Feb 20 (Reuters) - Gujarat Gas Co Ltd (GGAS.BO) said on Friday the volume of gas supplies from GAIL India Ltd (GAIL.BO) has reduced by 31 percent, following a force majeure event.
GAIL's supplies account for more than 80 percent of Gujarat Gas' total gas supply and has affected the latter's sale mainly to industrial customers, it said in a statement adding the intimation for force majeure was for an indefinite period.
Ahead of the news, shares in Gujarat Gas ended 1.05 percent lower at 213 rupees in the Mumbai market.
(Reporting by Kaustav Roy; editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. SEC to pay $30 million-plus in largest whistleblower award
- Apple sells more than 10 million new iPhones in first 3 days
- UPDATE 3-Apple sells more than 10 mln new iPhones in first 3 days
- Housing data hits Wall Street; S&P has worst day since August 5
- Israel's Mossad takes hunt for foreign spies and informants online
The finance ministry is increasingly optimistic that it can meet a tough fiscal deficit target, helped by a 12 percent decline in global crude oil prices since Prime Minister Narendra Modi took charge in May. Full Article