GAIL's gas supply to Gujarat Gas cut by 31 pct
MUMBAI Feb 20 (Reuters) - Gujarat Gas Co Ltd (GGAS.BO) said on Friday the volume of gas supplies from GAIL India Ltd (GAIL.BO) has reduced by 31 percent, following a force majeure event.
GAIL's supplies account for more than 80 percent of Gujarat Gas' total gas supply and has affected the latter's sale mainly to industrial customers, it said in a statement adding the intimation for force majeure was for an indefinite period.
Ahead of the news, shares in Gujarat Gas ended 1.05 percent lower at 213 rupees in the Mumbai market.
(Reporting by Kaustav Roy; editing by Sunil Nair)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Govt orders Financial Tech to absorb NSEL, liabilities
- Exclusive: Iran offers "compromises" in nuclear talks, West unmoved
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article