India's MCX launches almond futures
MUMBAI May 12 (Reuters) - Multi-Commodity Exchange of India Ltd (MCX) launched trading in almond futures <0#MALM:> from Tuesday, the bourse said in a statement.
At the end of first trading session, the contract witnessed total volume of 513,500 kgs valued at 168.9 million rupees, with open interest of 64,000 kgs, it said.
(Reporting by Sourav Mishra; editing by Rosemary Arackaparambil)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- China's rate-cut likely to hurt banks, curb new loans to small borrowers
- Pakistani family sentenced to death over "honour killing" outside court
- Hitler watercolour fetches 130,000 euros at Nuremberg auction
- Obama to be chief guest at Republic Day celebrations
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has a long list of pro-growth measures to implement over the next four months, but time may have already run out to breathe enough life into the economy to meet the tough 2014/15 fiscal deficit target without cuts. Article