Hong Kong reports second confirmed H1N1 flu case
HONG KONG (Reuters) - Hong Kong confirmed on Wednesday its second case of the new H1N1 flu strain, a man who had just returned from the United States.
"He arrived on the evening of May 11 and was sent straight to hospital after visiting the airport clinic," said Thomas Tsang, controller of the Centre for Health Protection.
China also reported a second confirmed case of swine flu involving a man in eastern Shandong province.
Hong Kong's first confirmed H1N1 case involving a Mexican man was reported on May 1, leading to the quarantine of a downtown hotel where he had stayed. Some 300 guests and staff were confined to the Metropark hotel, in Wanchai, for a week in a controversial bid to prevent any spread of the virus.
Authorities in Hong Kong have since revised their flu containment strategies, saying for future cases involving an infected hotel guest only certain floors would be quarantined.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Murder, revenge, lust and rampage take over 'Sin City' sequel |
- Indian firms tool up for defence orders on Modi's 'buy India' pledge
- Champions Man City host title pretenders Liverpool
- Cabinet approves $1.4 bln new metro rail project
The U.S. military earlier this summer carried out an attempt to rescue journalist James Foley and other American hostages held in Syria, a U.S. official said on Wednesday, in an operation that the Pentagon said ultimately failed to find the captives. Full Article
U.S. attorney general visits Missouri town for meetings on fatal shooting. Full Article