Pakistan Plane Diverted
British fighter jets escorted a Pakistan International Airlines passenger plane to Stansted Airport near London on Friday, where police went on board and arrested two men on suspicion of endangering an aircraft. Full Article
For months, markets have been dancing to central bankers' tune, but that may now be changing, writes James Saft. Full Article
Confused while buying stocks? Get buy, sell or hold recommendations from VantageTrade. Full Coverage
TIMELINE-Key dates in Ambani brothers' feud
MUMBAI, July 15 |
MUMBAI, July 15 (Reuters) - A dispute between the billionaire Ambani brothers over the supply and pricing of natural gas comes as a test of India's governance standards and could discourage investment in India's energy sector as the country scrambles to shore up its energy security. For a story click [ID:nBOM453401]
Following is a timeline of key dates in the Ambani rift.
* July 2002 - Dhirubhai Ambani, a school teacher's son and founder of the Reliance business empire, dies. Mukesh Ambani becomes chairman and managing director of Reliance Industries Ltd (RELI.BO), and Anil Ambani is made vice-chairman.
* Nov 2004 - Feud between the brothers becomes public.
* June 2005 - Family reaches a settlement to split the Reliance group in a deal brokered by their homemaker mother, Kokilaben.
* 2006 - Formal split takes place, with Mukesh taking control of flagship Reliance Industries, with interests in petrochemicals, oil and gas exploration, refining and textiles. He has since launched a retail venture.
Anil gets telecoms, power, entertainment and financial services. The Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group includes Reliance Communications Ltd (RLCM.BO), Reliance Infrastructure Ltd (RLIN.BO), Reliance Capital Ltd (RLCP.BO), Reliance Natural Resources Ltd (RNRL) (RENR.BO) and Reliance Power Ltd (RPOL.BO).
* July 2008 - Reliance Communications calls off merger talks with South Africa's MTN (MTNJ.J) after Mukesh makes a claim on the shares of Anil's telecom firm.
* June 15, 2009 - Mumbai's High Court directs Reliance Industries and RNRL to enter a gas supply agreement within a month. (Compiled by Rina Chandran; Editing by Muralikumar Anantharaman)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this