REFILE-Brazil's LLX obtains permit to build Sudeste Port
(Refiling to correct day in first paragraph)
RIO DE JANEIRO Aug 3 (Reuters) - LLX Logistica (LLXL3.SA), the Brazilian logistics company controlled by billionaire Eike Batista, said on Monday it received regulatory approval for the construction of the Sudeste Port, a port terminal that could handle 50 million tonnes of iron ore annually in its initial phase.
The Rio de Janeiro-based company said the license, issued by Rio de Janeiro State's Environmental Institute, is a key requirement for the construction, which is scheduled to begin in the second half of 2009. The port is expected to start operations in 2011. (Reporting by Guillermo Parra-Bernal, editing by Maureen Bavdek)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- UPDATE 3-Boeing reports wing cracks on 787 Dreamliners in production
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 2-White House plays down speedy role for U.S. natural gas in Ukraine
- MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security