Kazakhtelecom H1 net falls 16.6 pct
ALMATY Aug 4 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's state-controlled fixed line operator Kazakhtelecom KZTK.KZ KZTKya.BE said on Tuesday its net income fell 16.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of 2009 to 15.1 billion tenge ($100 million).
The company provided no reason for the decline.
Kazakhstan is expected to report an economic contraction in the first half of 2009 due to the decrease in prices for its key exports, oil and metals, and problems in the highly-leveraged banking sector. (Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- REFILE-Divers feel with their hands for corpses in cold depths of South Korean ferry
- UPDATE 5-Missouri executes convicted killer in 1993 cattle-stealing plot
- Rupee weakens past 61/dollar to one-month low
- China shares down, Aussie drops after inflation data
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital