Kazakhtelecom H1 net falls 16.6 pct
ALMATY Aug 4 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's state-controlled fixed line operator Kazakhtelecom KZTK.KZ KZTKya.BE said on Tuesday its net income fell 16.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of 2009 to 15.1 billion tenge ($100 million).
The company provided no reason for the decline.
Kazakhstan is expected to report an economic contraction in the first half of 2009 due to the decrease in prices for its key exports, oil and metals, and problems in the highly-leveraged banking sector. (Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains