Kazakhtelecom H1 net falls 16.6 pct
ALMATY Aug 4 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's state-controlled fixed line operator Kazakhtelecom KZTK.KZ KZTKya.BE said on Tuesday its net income fell 16.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of 2009 to 15.1 billion tenge ($100 million).
The company provided no reason for the decline.
Kazakhstan is expected to report an economic contraction in the first half of 2009 due to the decrease in prices for its key exports, oil and metals, and problems in the highly-leveraged banking sector. (Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bighorn sheep escapes Los Angeles Zoo, dies after car strikes it
- U.S. plans to arm Iraq's Sunni tribesmen with AK-47s, RPGs, mortars
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip - report
- Apple $450 mln e-book settlement gets final court approval
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official