Kazakhtelecom H1 net falls 16.6 pct
ALMATY Aug 4 (Reuters) - Kazakhstan's state-controlled fixed line operator Kazakhtelecom KZTK.KZ KZTKya.BE said on Tuesday its net income fell 16.6 percent year-on-year in the first half of 2009 to 15.1 billion tenge ($100 million).
The company provided no reason for the decline.
Kazakhstan is expected to report an economic contraction in the first half of 2009 due to the decrease in prices for its key exports, oil and metals, and problems in the highly-leveraged banking sector. (Writing by Olzhas Auyezov; Editing by Hans Peters)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- India nears $2.5 billion deal for Boeing military helicopters
- Alibaba aims to launch share sale in early September-source
- Modi seeks Japan's help for 'inclusive vision' on first big trip
- India says Pakistan border clashes "extremely serious and provocative"