Boyzone to bring Gately's body back to Ireland
MALLORCA (Reuters Life!) - Members of Irish boy band Boyzone were on the Spanish Island of Mallorca on Friday to take the body of bandmate Stephen Gately back to Dublin where he will be buried on Saturday, band member Ronan Keating said.
"We flew to Mallorca today to accompany our pal on his final journey back to Dublin where we know he will be given an unforgettable send off tomorrow," Keating told reporters.
A post mortem revealed on Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home in Mallorca last weekend.
(Reporting by Marco Trujillo; writing by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Nine reasons why India's WTO veto shocked the world
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article
Exclusive - China's Xi likely to promote army general who exposed graft: sources Full Article