Boyzone to bring Gately's body back to Ireland
MALLORCA (Reuters Life!) - Members of Irish boy band Boyzone were on the Spanish Island of Mallorca on Friday to take the body of bandmate Stephen Gately back to Dublin where he will be buried on Saturday, band member Ronan Keating said.
"We flew to Mallorca today to accompany our pal on his final journey back to Dublin where we know he will be given an unforgettable send off tomorrow," Keating told reporters.
A post mortem revealed on Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home in Mallorca last weekend.
(Reporting by Marco Trujillo; writing by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- More teams withdraw, Nepal's Everest season in jeopardy
- BJP eyes gains in south, east to cut clout of regional queens
- Met office rules out surplus monsoon in 2014
- RPT-Apple resets the clock as investors await next big thing
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned. Full Article
Lupita Nyong'o is named the world's most beautiful person by People magazine. Slideshow