Boyzone to bring Gately's body back to Ireland
MALLORCA (Reuters Life!) - Members of Irish boy band Boyzone were on the Spanish Island of Mallorca on Friday to take the body of bandmate Stephen Gately back to Dublin where he will be buried on Saturday, band member Ronan Keating said.
"We flew to Mallorca today to accompany our pal on his final journey back to Dublin where we know he will be given an unforgettable send off tomorrow," Keating told reporters.
A post mortem revealed on Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home in Mallorca last weekend.
(Reporting by Marco Trujillo; writing by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital
- Loss of smell may be predictor of death in older adults - study
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- Dallas Ebola patient vomited outside apartment on way to hospital |
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will take up a broom and sweep the filthy streets of the capital on Thursday, launching a nationwide campaign to raise awareness of cleanliness and better sanitation. Full Article
Hong Kong's embattled leader believes protests could last weeks-source. Full Article
Turkey vows to fight Islamic State, coalition strikes near border. Full Article