Boyzone to bring Gately's body back to Ireland
MALLORCA (Reuters Life!) - Members of Irish boy band Boyzone were on the Spanish Island of Mallorca on Friday to take the body of bandmate Stephen Gately back to Dublin where he will be buried on Saturday, band member Ronan Keating said.
"We flew to Mallorca today to accompany our pal on his final journey back to Dublin where we know he will be given an unforgettable send off tomorrow," Keating told reporters.
A post mortem revealed on Tuesday that 33-year-old Gately died of natural causes due to fluid on the lungs at his home in Mallorca last weekend.
(Reporting by Marco Trujillo; writing by Jonathan Gleave, editing by Paul Casciato)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- SEBI orders PACL to return $8.1 billion raised from investment scheme
The government on Saturday ordered a review of activities at all state-owned hospitals to end what the health minister called systemic corruption, as part of the new administration's crackdown on malpractice in the healthcare sector. Full Article
SEBI orders PACL to return $8.1 billion raised from investment scheme. Full Article
Interview: Rani Mukerji on playing “Mardaani” roles in Bollywood films Full Article
First pictures of Taj Mahal to ‘Hairy family of Burma’: subcontinent photos from 1850-1910. Full Article