TEHRAN Iran's armed forces accused the United States and Britain of involvement in Sunday's attack on the elite Revolutionary Guards and warned of revenge, the semi-official Fars News Agency reported.
The headquarters of the armed forces blamed the bombing on "terrorists" backed by "the Great Satan America and its ally Britain".
"Not in the distant future we (Iran) will take revenge ... and Baluchis will clear this region from terrorists and criminals," Fars quoted a statement as saying, referring to the inhabitants of Sistan-Baluchestan province, where the attack took place.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi and Reza Derakhshi)
Trending On Reuters
Egypt's army said on Wednesday more than 100 militants and 17 soldiers were killed after simultaneous assaults on military checkpoints in North Sinai, in the deadliest fighting in years in the restive province. Full Article
- IAEA chief heads to Iran as nuclear talks reach last stretch
- Images show Chinese airstrip on man-made Spratly island nearly finished
- U.S., Cuba restoring diplomatic ties after 54 years
- "Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane
- In emails, Hillary's outside advisers pushed hawkish Afghan line
"Wow, pulled back wrong throttle" - captain of crashed TransAsia plane Full Article