Iran's armed forces warn of revenge over attack
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's armed forces accused the United States and Britain of involvement in Sunday's attack on the elite Revolutionary Guards and warned of revenge, the semi-official Fars News Agency reported.
The headquarters of the armed forces blamed the bombing on "terrorists" backed by "the Great Satan America and its ally Britain".
"Not in the distant future we (Iran) will take revenge ... and Baluchis will clear this region from terrorists and criminals," Fars quoted a statement as saying, referring to the inhabitants of Sistan-Baluchestan province, where the attack took place.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi and Reza Derakhshi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Controlling the message: Modi chooses state media
- RPT-Wall St Week Ahead-Beyond earnings, buybacks to give market support
- Microsoft plans to launch smartwatch within weeks: Forbes
- U.S. to issue new Ebola care guidelines, watch lists to shrink |
- China says it's hard to resume cyber security talks with U.S.