Iran's armed forces warn of revenge over attack
TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran's armed forces accused the United States and Britain of involvement in Sunday's attack on the elite Revolutionary Guards and warned of revenge, the semi-official Fars News Agency reported.
The headquarters of the armed forces blamed the bombing on "terrorists" backed by "the Great Satan America and its ally Britain".
"Not in the distant future we (Iran) will take revenge ... and Baluchis will clear this region from terrorists and criminals," Fars quoted a statement as saying, referring to the inhabitants of Sistan-Baluchestan province, where the attack took place.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi and Reza Derakhshi)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-U.S. regulator questions Verizon plan to slow data speeds for some
- U.S. resupplies Israel with munitions as Gaza offensive rages
- Landslide near Pune kills 10, scores feared trapped
- Drew Barrymore's half-sister found dead in car near San Diego
- England have Cook to thank for winning position - Root
Israeli shelling killed at least 15 Palestinians sheltering in a school in Gaza's biggest refugee camp on Wednesday, the Health Ministry said, as Egyptian mediators prepared a revised proposal to try to halt more than three weeks of fighting. Full Article