TEHRAN Iran's armed forces accused the United States and Britain of involvement in Sunday's attack on the elite Revolutionary Guards and warned of revenge, the semi-official Fars News Agency reported.
The headquarters of the armed forces blamed the bombing on "terrorists" backed by "the Great Satan America and its ally Britain".
"Not in the distant future we (Iran) will take revenge ... and Baluchis will clear this region from terrorists and criminals," Fars quoted a statement as saying, referring to the inhabitants of Sistan-Baluchestan province, where the attack took place.
(Reporting by Parisa Hafezi and Reza Derakhshi)
Trending On Reuters
Hundreds of angry migrants demonstrated outside Budapest's Eastern Railway Terminus on Tuesday demanding they be allowed to travel on to Germany, as the biggest ever influx of migrants into the European Union left its asylum policies in tatters. Full Article
- Thailand arrests second foreign suspect in Bangkok blast probe
- Satellite images confirm major temple destroyed in Syria's Palmyra - U.N
- Pope to allow all priests to forgive abortion during Holy Year
- Citing God's authority, clerk defies U.S. top court on gay marriages
- Five protesters killed in fresh Nepal violence - police