Oprah Winfrey to end talk show in Sept 2011
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oprah Winfrey will end her popular television talk show at the end of its 25th season in September 2011, her production company Harpo Inc said on Thursday.
Harpo president Tim Bennett said in a statement posted on websites of several TV stations which air the program Winfrey would make the official announcement on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, as well as disclose the reasons behind the decision.
"The Oprah Winfrey Show", broadcast from Chicago on ABC stations across the United States, is the top-rated U.S. daytime talk show averaging 7.1 million viewers this year.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Todd Eastham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Boxer Sarita Devi faces action after refusing medal at Asian Games
- New NATO leader offers olive branch to Russia
- Brookfield wins Revel Casino auction, but loser vows to fight
- Billionaire Detroit business leader says "blight is like a cancer"
- CANADA STOCKS-TSX fall gets deeper as financial, energy shares drag