Oprah Winfrey to end talk show in Sept 2011
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oprah Winfrey will end her popular television talk show at the end of its 25th season in September 2011, her production company Harpo Inc said on Thursday.
Harpo president Tim Bennett said in a statement posted on websites of several TV stations which air the program Winfrey would make the official announcement on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, as well as disclose the reasons behind the decision.
"The Oprah Winfrey Show", broadcast from Chicago on ABC stations across the United States, is the top-rated U.S. daytime talk show averaging 7.1 million viewers this year.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Todd Eastham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- Russian military likely reluctant participants in Ukraine-US general
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- India blocks WTO deal on customs rules as deadline nears
- UPDATE 4-Liberian man in Lagos being tested for Ebola
Mexican director Alejandro Inarritu opens this year's Venice film festival with the premiere of "Birdman", a black comedy that heads a 55-strong selection leaning heavily towards war and recession, festival director Alberto Barbera said on Thursday. Full Article