Oprah Winfrey to end talk show in Sept 2011
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oprah Winfrey will end her popular television talk show at the end of its 25th season in September 2011, her production company Harpo Inc said on Thursday.
Harpo president Tim Bennett said in a statement posted on websites of several TV stations which air the program Winfrey would make the official announcement on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, as well as disclose the reasons behind the decision.
"The Oprah Winfrey Show", broadcast from Chicago on ABC stations across the United States, is the top-rated U.S. daytime talk show averaging 7.1 million viewers this year.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Todd Eastham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Israel intensifies Gaza assault, Egyptians revise truce plan
- UPDATE 6-U.S. judge says cannot seize Kurdish crude for now
- UPDATE 2-EU agrees economic sanctions on Russia
- UPDATE 4-Obama says strains over Ukraine not leading to new Cold War with Russia
- Family of Texas doctor with Ebola not showing signs of virus
"Living Like a Refugee"
It's a long way from the refugee camps of Africa to Poland's balmy Baltic coast, but for Sierra Leone's Refugee All Stars, the message is still the same. Full Article