Oprah Winfrey to end talk show in Sept 2011
LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Oprah Winfrey will end her popular television talk show at the end of its 25th season in September 2011, her production company Harpo Inc said on Thursday.
Harpo president Tim Bennett said in a statement posted on websites of several TV stations which air the program Winfrey would make the official announcement on "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Friday, as well as disclose the reasons behind the decision.
"The Oprah Winfrey Show", broadcast from Chicago on ABC stations across the United States, is the top-rated U.S. daytime talk show averaging 7.1 million viewers this year.
(Reporting by Jill Serjeant; editing by Bob Tourtellotte and Todd Eastham)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- NATO to create new "spearhead" force to respond to crises
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- EU seeks rivals' feedback on Facebook, WhatsApp deal
- "We told you so" - Baltic jitters grow over former ruler Russia
Oscar-winning actress Jennifer Lawrence has contacted authorities to investigate who stole and posted nude images of her online, a spokeswoman said on Monday, part of a reported mass hacking of celebrities' intimate photos. Full Article