Bajaj Auto to stop scooter production - paper
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bajaj Auto Ltd, India's No. 2 motorcycle maker, will stop producing scooters by March to focus on motorcycles, the Economic Times reported on Thursday, citing a top company official.
Bajaj will stop producing its Kristal scooters by the end of the current fiscal year, Managing Director Rajeev Bajaj told the paper.
Bajaj Auto, which was once synonymous with scooters, had halted production of the iconic Chetak scooter almost three years ago.
(Reporting by Jeanette Rodrigues; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
(For more news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Verizon profit misses expectations, shares fall
- UPDATE 4-Zimmer to buy Biomet for $13.35 bln in latest consolidation
- UPDATE 4-Boy and girl on Korean ferry drowned with life jackets tied together
- Japan's NTT Docomo to exit Indian market - Nikkei
- UPDATE 2-U.S. proposal would ban e-cigarette sales to minors, allow advertising
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article