Bajaj Auto to stop scooter production - paper
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bajaj Auto Ltd, India's No. 2 motorcycle maker, will stop producing scooters by March to focus on motorcycles, the Economic Times reported on Thursday, citing a top company official.
Bajaj will stop producing its Kristal scooters by the end of the current fiscal year, Managing Director Rajeev Bajaj told the paper.
Bajaj Auto, which was once synonymous with scooters, had halted production of the iconic Chetak scooter almost three years ago.
(Reporting by Jeanette Rodrigues; Editing by Ranjit Gangadharan)
(For more news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 6-Obama warns on Crimea, orders sanctions over Russian moves in Ukraine
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
The Nifty rose to a record high, and the benchmark BSE Sensex hit its record for a second consecutive session, as foreign investors bet big in a country that just months ago was gripped by market turmoil. Full Article