Toyota recall spreads to some cars in Middle East
TOKYO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said it is recalling 2005-2010 model year Avalons and 2009-2010 Sequoia cars in the Middle East to fix faulty accelerator pedals that have led to the recall of a combined 4.4 million cars in North America, Europe and China so far.
A spokeswoman said the company was still tallying the numbers of the cars subject to the recall. It remains to be seen whether any cars are affected in South America and Africa, she said. The pedals are not used in Japan, Oceania and Asia, excluding China. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Obama, Modi vow to boost strategic ties, create model for world
- Preview: Basel fans baffled by new coach Sousa's switches
- Preview: Arsenal must now beat Galatasaray, says Cazorla
- Police arrest 140 for religious clashes in Vadodara as Modi tours U.S.
- Modi orders officials to clean loos on Gandhi's birthday