Toyota recall spreads to some cars in Middle East
TOKYO Feb 1 (Reuters) - Toyota Motor Corp (7203.T) said it is recalling 2005-2010 model year Avalons and 2009-2010 Sequoia cars in the Middle East to fix faulty accelerator pedals that have led to the recall of a combined 4.4 million cars in North America, Europe and China so far.
A spokeswoman said the company was still tallying the numbers of the cars subject to the recall. It remains to be seen whether any cars are affected in South America and Africa, she said. The pedals are not used in Japan, Oceania and Asia, excluding China. (Reporting by Chang-Ran Kim)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Singapore's megachurches move to export lucrative religion
- Kremlin aide warns U.S. of response if sanctions imposed - RIA
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'