Soccer-Pato and Nesta fit to return for AC Milan
MILAN Feb 11 (Reuters) - Forward Alexandre Pato and defender Alessandro Nesta have been passed fit to return to AC Milan's squad for Friday's Serie A match against Udinese (1945).
Brazilian Pato has not played this year after a thigh injury and coach Leonardo has frequently given his place on the right of his front three to David Beckham.
Centre back Nesta has been out since suffering a leg muscle strain against Siena last month and third-placed Milan have not won a league match since.
Full back Massimo Oddo is also in Milan's squad for Friday's home game after a long layoff, the club said on their website (www.acmilan.com).
Leonardo still has injury worries ahead of Tuesday's Champions League last 16 first leg tie against Manchester United.
Fitness problems meant he was unable to call on defenders Gianluca Zambrotta and Luca Antonini, midfielder Clarence Seedorf and forward Marco Borriello for the Udinese game.
(Writing by Paul Virgo in Rome, editing by Justin Palmer
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran prosecutor gives government 30 days to block social media
- Islamic State closes in on Syrian town, refugees flood into Turkey
- Nationalist leader says Scots tricked out of independence
- Study asks whether artificial sweeteners may drive diabetes
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 3-Tens of thousands crowd New York streets for climate march