Reliance out of race for Canada firm - source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Energy major Reliance Industries is out of the race for Value Creation after the Canadian firm sold a majority stake in an oil sands property to BP Plc, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters.
Earlier this year, Reliance, which operates the world's biggest oil refining complex in India, had made a $2 billion takeover bid for majority stake in Value Creation to rival BP's $1.2 billion bid in the privately held Canadian firm.
BP will develop and operate the 185,000-acre Terre de Grace block in northern Alberta.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Time Warner Cable suffers major outage; New York launches probe
- UPDATE 3-Ebola causing huge damage to W.Africa economies- development bank
- Modi eyes breakthrough nuclear pact on Japan trip
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
Jan Dhan Yojana
Prime Minister Narendra Modi will promise on Thursday to provide a bank account for every Indian household when he launches a major initiative that could save billions of dollars in welfare spending and help mend strained state finances. Full Article