Reliance out of race for Canada firm - source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Energy major Reliance Industries is out of the race for Value Creation after the Canadian firm sold a majority stake in an oil sands property to BP Plc, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters.
Earlier this year, Reliance, which operates the world's biggest oil refining complex in India, had made a $2 billion takeover bid for majority stake in Value Creation to rival BP's $1.2 billion bid in the privately held Canadian firm.
BP will develop and operate the 185,000-acre Terre de Grace block in northern Alberta.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 1-Saudi Arabia announces jump in new cases of deadly MERS virus
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
Nitin Gadkari, former president of the Bharatiya Janata Party and a member of the BJP’s manifesto committee, speaks to Reuters. Here are the edited excerpts. Full Article