Reliance out of race for Canada firm - source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Energy major Reliance Industries is out of the race for Value Creation after the Canadian firm sold a majority stake in an oil sands property to BP Plc, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters.
Earlier this year, Reliance, which operates the world's biggest oil refining complex in India, had made a $2 billion takeover bid for majority stake in Value Creation to rival BP's $1.2 billion bid in the privately held Canadian firm.
BP will develop and operate the 185,000-acre Terre de Grace block in northern Alberta.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Facebook Q1 revenue grows 72 percent on rising mobile ads
- UPDATE 3-Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Boy and girl on Korean ferry tied life jackets together before they drowned
- Kashmiris wary as Modi challenges for power
- Preview - Liverpool seek to land knockout blow on Chelsea
The opposition Bharatiya Janata Party was set to make gains in Tamil Nadu and West Bengal that began voting on Thursday in the sixth phase of a mammoth general election that could help it build a stable majority in parliament. Read | Full Coverage: Election 2014
India may cede top rice exporter spot under Southeast Asian price onslaught. Full Article