Reliance out of race for Canada firm - source
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Energy major Reliance Industries is out of the race for Value Creation after the Canadian firm sold a majority stake in an oil sands property to BP Plc, a source with direct knowledge told Reuters.
Earlier this year, Reliance, which operates the world's biggest oil refining complex in India, had made a $2 billion takeover bid for majority stake in Value Creation to rival BP's $1.2 billion bid in the privately held Canadian firm.
BP will develop and operate the 185,000-acre Terre de Grace block in northern Alberta.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- EXCLUSIVE - Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air - source
- UPDATE 1-Putin foe Khodorkovsky says Russia is lying about Ukraine
- UPDATE 2-Interpol probes more suspect passports from missing flight
- UPDATE 3-Libyan rebels warn of 'war' if navy attacks oil tanker
Officials investigating the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner with 239 people on board suspect it may have disintegrated in mid-flight, a senior source said on Sunday, as Vietnam reported a possible sighting of wreckage from the plane. Article | Exclusive