Bodies of nine Mumbai gunmen buried secretly in Jan
MUMBAI, April 6
MUMBAI, April 6 (Reuters) - The bodies of nine of the 10 Pakistani gunmen from the 2008 Mumbai attack were buried in a secret location in January, a top state official said on Tuesday.
The badly decomposed bodies had been lying in the mortuary of a hospital in Mumbai after Muslim clerics in the city refused to let them be buried on their grounds.
Maharashtra state home minister R.R. Patil told the state assembly on Tuesday the bodies were buried secretly in January.
The trial of the suspected lone surviving Pakistani gunman ended last week in Mumbai, with a verdict scheduled to be announced on May 3. [ID:nSGE62UOJS]
The rampage in India's financial centre killed 166 people and derailed a peace dialogue between India and Pakistan. (Reporting by Rina Chandran; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exit polls see gains for BJP in state elections
- U.S. court questions Google defense against Oracle over Android
- Billionaire investor Icahn steps up pressure on Apple
- UPDATE 3-Actor Walker died from multiple injuries in crash, 'Fast 7' filming halted
- UPDATE 4-German minister snubs Ukraine leaders on Kiev visit
The Hindu nationalist opposition Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) emerged as the biggest winner in four key state elections, exit polls forecast on Wednesday, a possible blow to the ruling Congress ahead of a general election due next year. Full Article