Bodies of nine Mumbai gunmen buried secretly in Jan
MUMBAI, April 6
MUMBAI, April 6 (Reuters) - The bodies of nine of the 10 Pakistani gunmen from the 2008 Mumbai attack were buried in a secret location in January, a top state official said on Tuesday.
The badly decomposed bodies had been lying in the mortuary of a hospital in Mumbai after Muslim clerics in the city refused to let them be buried on their grounds.
Maharashtra state home minister R.R. Patil told the state assembly on Tuesday the bodies were buried secretly in January.
The trial of the suspected lone surviving Pakistani gunman ended last week in Mumbai, with a verdict scheduled to be announced on May 3. [ID:nSGE62UOJS]
The rampage in India's financial centre killed 166 people and derailed a peace dialogue between India and Pakistan. (Reporting by Rina Chandran; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- UPDATE 3-MasterCard, Visa form group to push for better card security
- UPDATE 3-Ted Turner rushed to clinic in Argentina with appendicitis-media
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Sahara’s investment programmes include schemes that are similar to a typical Indian bank’s fixed or recurring deposits. But the arrest of the company's chief Subrata Roy last week and the court case over an outlawed bond scheme are raising fears among some investors who worry they will not get their money back. Full Article