Bodies of nine Mumbai gunmen buried secretly in Jan
MUMBAI, April 6
MUMBAI, April 6 (Reuters) - The bodies of nine of the 10 Pakistani gunmen from the 2008 Mumbai attack were buried in a secret location in January, a top state official said on Tuesday.
The badly decomposed bodies had been lying in the mortuary of a hospital in Mumbai after Muslim clerics in the city refused to let them be buried on their grounds.
Maharashtra state home minister R.R. Patil told the state assembly on Tuesday the bodies were buried secretly in January.
The trial of the suspected lone surviving Pakistani gunman ended last week in Mumbai, with a verdict scheduled to be announced on May 3. [ID:nSGE62UOJS]
The rampage in India's financial centre killed 166 people and derailed a peace dialogue between India and Pakistan. (Reporting by Rina Chandran; Editing by Ron Popeski)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 9-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- Pistorius jailed for 5 years for killing girlfriend Steenkamp
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- China's growth slowest since global crisis, annual target at risk
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article