BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Trending On Reuters
EU foreign ministers met on Monday under pressure to produce more than words to save migrants drowning in the Mediterranean, as the first bodies were brought on shore of hundreds feared killed in a shipwreck while trying to reach Europe. Full Article
- China and Pakistan launch economic corridor plan worth $46 billion
- Egypt sentences 22 members of Brotherhood to death - judicial sources
- Islamic State shoots and beheads 30 Ethiopian Christians in Libya - video
- Air strike on missile base in Yemen capital kills at least seven
- Turkey's top cleric calls Pope "immoral" for Armenia comments
EU ministers discuss migrant crisis as shipwrecked bodies brought ashore Full Article
Lambert, Florida Georgia Line early winners at Country Music awards. Full Article