NATO says ash cloud does not affect its operations
BRUSSELS (Reuters) - A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- UPDATE 2-Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane to make emergency landing
- Calls to U.S. poison centers involving e-cigarettes jump - CDC
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane returns safely after landing gear scare
Former foreign minister Abdullah Abdullah has opened a lead in the Afghan presidential race, the latest official tally of votes released on Sunday showed, although half of the votes have yet to be counted. Full Article
Former army chief, leftist are only candidates in Egypt presidential poll. Full Article