BRUSSELS A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Trending On Reuters
Malaysian police believe at least two of the jungle camps where they have found nearly 140 graves of suspected human trafficking victims were abandoned in the last two to three weeks, around the time that Thailand launched a crackdown on people smugglers. Full Article
- Islamic State faces battle in Iraq, U.S. reassures Abadi
- Japan to join U.S., Australia war games amid growing China tensions
- IT chief at Bangladesh Coca-Cola unit arrested as Islamic State suspect
- Unpopular but defiant, Myanmar ruling party unfazed about poll prospects
- Southeast Asia maritime build-up accelerates, raising risks in disputed seas