BRUSSELS A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Trending On Reuters
The deadly air strike that hit a hospital in the Afghan city of Kunduz was a mistake made within the U.S. chain of command, the American commander of international forces in Afghanistan said on Tuesday. Full Article
- Nobel prize for solving puzzle of ghostly neutrino particles
- Islamic State kills 22 in attacks on Yemen govt, Gulf troops, mosque
- Ex-U.N. General Assembly president, 5 others charged in U.S. in bribe scheme
- How Iranian general plotted out Syrian assault in Moscow
- EU seeks Turkey help to block migrant flows, offers cash