BRUSSELS A volcanic ash cloud that has grounded many commercial flights in Europe has not had a negative effect on NATO's operations, the head of the military alliance said on Monday.
"The ash cloud does not have any negative impact on our operations or territorial defence," NATO Secretary-General Anders Fogh Rasmussen told a news conference. "Our operations in Afghanistan are not affected negatively."
(Reporting by David Brunnstrom; Editing by Sonya Hepinstall)
Trending On Reuters
Malaysia is "almost certain" plane debris washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Reunion is part of a Boeing 777, its deputy transport minister said, heightening the possibility it could be wreckage from missing Flight MH370. Full Article
- Afghan Taliban name a new leader, but peace talks delayed
- Landslide near Nepal's popular Annapurna trek route kills 30
- After Russia U.N. veto, countries seek court for Flight MH17 prosecutions
- China to prosecute former top officer for graft
- U.S. agency probes possible legal violation in lion killing - source