Sholay actor Macmohan dies
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Macmohan, best known for playing Sambha in the 1975 blockbuster Sholay, has died at age 75, industry sources said on Monday.
The actor died at a suburban hospital in Mumbai after prolonged illness, a member of film industry body IMPAA told Reuters.
Macmohan is survived by his wife, a son and two daughters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- Modi takes tea, but no questions, in first press event as PM
- UPDATE 2-Motor racing-Caterham and Marussia to miss next races - Ecclestone
Modern India is walking slowly towards a general acceptance of homosexuals and lesbians. Shonali Bose in her new film, “Margarita, With a Straw,” tries to pick up the pace. The film, which premiered and won the NETPAC award at the Toronto Film Festival earlier this year, is about a teenager with cerebral palsy who is unabashed about her sexuality, much to the horror of her middle-class, conservative mother. Full Article
Farah Khan brings back SRK, self-deprecating jokes, six-pack abs and lots of bling. Full Article