Sholay actor Macmohan dies
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Macmohan, best known for playing Sambha in the 1975 blockbuster Sholay, has died at age 75, industry sources said on Monday.
The actor died at a suburban hospital in Mumbai after prolonged illness, a member of film industry body IMPAA told Reuters.
Macmohan is survived by his wife, a son and two daughters.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysian plane still missing; questions over false IDs
- UPDATE 6-Libya threatens to bomb N.Korean tanker if it ships oil from rebel port
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Michigan woman dead for six years found only after money runs out
- WRAPUP 2-Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs
This is a movie that does women’s empowerment a huge disservice — it depicts the protagonists as one-dimensional characters; equates justice with mob violence. What’s more, it isn’t even entertaining cinema, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article