Govt to launch oil block auctions in FY11 - official
MUMBAI (Reuters) – The government is likely to launch the next round of auctions for oil and gas block exploration in the current financial year ending March 2011, a senior government official said on Thursday.
The government has a new exploration licensing policy in place to facilitate exploration of oil and gas resources.
"We have already initiated the process. Typically it takes four to six months to launch the auction," said R.K. Sinha, production adviser to the Directorate-General of Hydrocarbons.
India has so far completed eight rounds of auctions for oil and gas exploration.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Surojit Gupta)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Kerry seeks Qatari, Turkish help to find Israeli soldier
- UPDATE 4-African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- India says WTO deal not dead, can sign in Sept if concerns addressed
- UPDATE 3-Ugandan court overturns anti-gay law that halted Western aid
- Gaza truce over, Israel soldier captured, 70 dead in Rafah shelling
Prime Minister Narendra Modi came to office with a reputation as a business-friendly leader ready to open up one of the world's biggest markets and sweep away the remnants of the country's socialist past. Full Article