Govt to launch oil block auctions in FY11 - official
MUMBAI (Reuters) – The government is likely to launch the next round of auctions for oil and gas block exploration in the current financial year ending March 2011, a senior government official said on Thursday.
The government has a new exploration licensing policy in place to facilitate exploration of oil and gas resources.
"We have already initiated the process. Typically it takes four to six months to launch the auction," said R.K. Sinha, production adviser to the Directorate-General of Hydrocarbons.
India has so far completed eight rounds of auctions for oil and gas exploration.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Surojit Gupta)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Alabama man claims penis was amputated by mistake
- UPDATE 7-French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane
- Iraq elects president as Ban urges unity to save nation
- UPDATE 2-U.S. says Russia firing artillery over border at Ukraine military
- UPDATE 8-At least 15 killed by shelling of Gaza school; toll exceeds 760
India blocked an agreement on new global customs rules on Thursday, angering fellow members of the World Trade Organization who say Delhi's veto could be costly, economically and politically. Full Article