Govt to launch oil block auctions in FY11 - official
MUMBAI (Reuters) – The government is likely to launch the next round of auctions for oil and gas block exploration in the current financial year ending March 2011, a senior government official said on Thursday.
The government has a new exploration licensing policy in place to facilitate exploration of oil and gas resources.
"We have already initiated the process. Typically it takes four to six months to launch the auction," said R.K. Sinha, production adviser to the Directorate-General of Hydrocarbons.
India has so far completed eight rounds of auctions for oil and gas exploration.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Surojit Gupta)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in state elections
- Anti-corruption crusader Kejriwal stuns Indian politics with election surge
- Anti-corruption crusader stuns Indian politics with election surge
- UPDATE 5-Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- S Africa beat India again to lift mood of one-day series
The Congress party was headed for a bruising defeat in key state elections, including in the capital, early results showed on Sunday, underlining the struggle it will face to cling to power in a national election due by May. Full Article