Govt to launch oil block auctions in FY11 - official
MUMBAI (Reuters) – The government is likely to launch the next round of auctions for oil and gas block exploration in the current financial year ending March 2011, a senior government official said on Thursday.
The government has a new exploration licensing policy in place to facilitate exploration of oil and gas resources.
"We have already initiated the process. Typically it takes four to six months to launch the auction," said R.K. Sinha, production adviser to the Directorate-General of Hydrocarbons.
India has so far completed eight rounds of auctions for oil and gas exploration.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Surojit Gupta)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 1-Girl who fatally shot Arizona gun instructor said weapon was too powerful
- UPDATE 6-Islamic State issues video of beheading of U.S. hostage
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Comedian Joan Rivers still on life support - daughter
Optimism that sunny growth figures herald an economic revival in India is probably misplaced - in fact there is little hard evidence to support the idea that Asia's third-largest economy is heading for a broader and sustained rebound anytime soon. Full Article
100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups. Full Article