Govt to launch oil block auctions in FY11 - official
MUMBAI (Reuters) – The government is likely to launch the next round of auctions for oil and gas block exploration in the current financial year ending March 2011, a senior government official said on Thursday.
The government has a new exploration licensing policy in place to facilitate exploration of oil and gas resources.
"We have already initiated the process. Typically it takes four to six months to launch the auction," said R.K. Sinha, production adviser to the Directorate-General of Hydrocarbons.
India has so far completed eight rounds of auctions for oil and gas exploration.
(Reporting by Prashant Mehra; Editing by Surojit Gupta)
(For more business news on Reuters Money visit www.reutersmoney.in)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- TCS, Mitsubishi to form software services company
- Bangalore-bound Malaysian plane lands safely after landing gear scare
- India passes halfway mark in election with BJP gaining strength
- Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff
- RIL telecoms unit in tower lease pact with ATC
Iron Ore Mining
Bangalore-bound Malaysia Airlines plane turns back after tyre burst on takeoff Full Article