Basel 3 capital norms not to hit Indian banks - RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) chief said on Tuesday he did not see higher capital requirements for Basel 3 norms hitting banks significantly.
Duvvuri Subbarao also said in a speech that leverage in the Indian banking system was moderate.
(Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury)
(For more business news visit Reuters India)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Govt orders Financial Tech to absorb NSEL, liabilities
- Exclusive: Iran offers "compromises" in nuclear talks, West unmoved
- UPDATE 10-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plough
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
As well as making the lives of millions of middle class Indians easier, the sharp drop in Brent crude prices since June is a boon for Prime Minister Narendra Modi in his fight to revive an economy growing at its slowest rate since the 1980s. Full Article