Basel 3 capital norms not to hit Indian banks - RBI
MUMBAI (Reuters) - The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) chief said on Tuesday he did not see higher capital requirements for Basel 3 norms hitting banks significantly.
Duvvuri Subbarao also said in a speech that leverage in the Indian banking system was moderate.
(Reporting by Suvashree Dey Choudhury)
(For more business news visit Reuters India)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Iran hangs woman convicted of killing alleged rapist
- Google's Pichai to oversee major products and services
- UPDATE 1-UK's Labour suffers setback as leader in Scotland quits
- India picks Israel's Spike anti-tank missile over U.S. Javelin - source
- Maker of U.S. highway guardrails stops shipments over safety concerns
Finance Minister Arun Jaitley favours a cut in interest rates to trigger demand in the construction sector, a newspaper report said on Saturday, but the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has signalled it will not ease policy until it is confident of lower inflation. Full Article
Euro zone risks "relapse into recession" without structural reforms - Draghi. Full Article
Kalki Koechlin on her role as a disabled girl in “Margarita, With a Straw” Full Article