Toshiba H1 profit to beat company forecast -Nikkei
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp's operating profit for the April-September period is set to come to more than 100 billion yen ($1.2 billion), beating the company's forecast of 70 billion yen, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday.
Booming global sales of smartphones have boosted demand for the company's flash memory chips and small liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels, the paper said.
Toshiba made 2.6 billion yen in operating profit in the same period last year, the Nikkei said.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China not warlike, says Xi, as border standoff dominates India trip
- Scots vote on independence, United Kingdom's fate on knife-edge
- Modi calls for early settlement of China border issue
- UPDATE 2-Border standoff dominates China Xi's visit to India
- Nifty, Sensex surge nearly 2 percent, gain most in over three months
China is not a warlike nation, President Xi Jinping said on Thursday, during a rare trip to neighbour India that was dominated by a standoff on a barren Himalayan plateau between soldiers from the world's two most populous nations. Full Article | Slideshow