Toshiba H1 profit to beat company forecast -Nikkei
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp's operating profit for the April-September period is set to come to more than 100 billion yen ($1.2 billion), beating the company's forecast of 70 billion yen, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday.
Booming global sales of smartphones have boosted demand for the company's flash memory chips and small liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels, the paper said.
Toshiba made 2.6 billion yen in operating profit in the same period last year, the Nikkei said.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Indians keep faith with Modi, best hope for economy - poll
- Merkel says tightening Ukraine-Russian border is key to peace deal
- RBI says all companies must apply 2-step payments for credit cards
- NATO condemns Russia's action, sees build-up of forces near Ukraine
Back to Investors
The Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), India's capital markets regulator, has ordered property developer PACL Ltd to return at least $8.1 billion raised from retail investors after finding the company had failed to register its land investment scheme. Full Article
India to hike iron ore royalty, miners may struggle to pass on extra cost. Full Article