Toshiba H1 profit to beat company forecast -Nikkei
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp's operating profit for the April-September period is set to come to more than 100 billion yen ($1.2 billion), beating the company's forecast of 70 billion yen, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday.
Booming global sales of smartphones have boosted demand for the company's flash memory chips and small liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels, the paper said.
Toshiba made 2.6 billion yen in operating profit in the same period last year, the Nikkei said.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- UPDATE 2-AT&T threatens to sit out U.S. spectrum auction over rules
- Hundreds of earthquakes strike central Idaho, rattling nerves
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- US STOCKS-Wall St gains on Yellen comments and Yahoo; BofA falls
- UPDATE 1-Bank of America's financial crisis costs become a recurring nightmare
The United States on Wednesday urged the Indian government that emerges from ongoing elections to follow economic policies that encourage investment, saying Washington would like to see bilateral trade grow to $500 billion a year. Full Article