Toshiba H1 profit to beat company forecast -Nikkei
TOKYO (Reuters) - Toshiba Corp's operating profit for the April-September period is set to come to more than 100 billion yen ($1.2 billion), beating the company's forecast of 70 billion yen, the Nikkei business daily said on Wednesday.
Booming global sales of smartphones have boosted demand for the company's flash memory chips and small liquid-crystal display (LCD) panels, the paper said.
Toshiba made 2.6 billion yen in operating profit in the same period last year, the Nikkei said.
(Reporting by Isabel Reynolds; Editing by Edwina Gibbs)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Judge rejects strict limits on nurse who treated Ebola patients |
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
- China expresses concern about Indian plan to build border posts
- US STOCKS-Dow, S&P 500 end at record highs; BoJ move adds fuel to rally
Shares Hit Record
The BSE Sensex and Nifty surged to record highs for a second consecutive session on Friday after Bank of Japan's surprise expansion of its massive stimulus programme raised hopes for additional foreign inflows, boosting blue-chips such as Larsen & Toubro. Full Article
China's shadow banking sector growing rapidly, third largest in world - FSB. Full Article