Two judokas promoted to silver
GUANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - Two bronze winners at the Asian Games judo tournament have had their medals upgraded to silver following the disqualification of Uzbekistan judoka Shokir Muminov for doping.
Muminov lost the gold medal bout to Kim Jae-bum in the men's 81kg on Sunday, but had the silver stripped after a banned stimulant was found in his urine sample.
Kazakh Islam Bozbayev and Masahiro Takamatsu will both take silver, while no bronze medal would be awarded, the Olympic Council of Asia said in a statement on Saturday.
Muminov was the first athlete caught for doping at the Nov. 12-27 Asian Games where half of the planned 1,500 tests have been performed. Some 10,000 athletes are competing in Guangzhou.
(Editing by Dave Thompson; To query or comment on this story email email@example.com)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Nasty, brutish and artsy? Neanderthal hashtag engraving found
Shikhar Dhawan smashed a six to seal a crushing nine-wicket victory over hapless England in the fourth one-day international in Birmingham on Tuesday. Full Article