Two judokas promoted to silver
GUANGZHOU, China (Reuters) - Two bronze winners at the Asian Games judo tournament have had their medals upgraded to silver following the disqualification of Uzbekistan judoka Shokir Muminov for doping.
Muminov lost the gold medal bout to Kim Jae-bum in the men's 81kg on Sunday, but had the silver stripped after a banned stimulant was found in his urine sample.
Kazakh Islam Bozbayev and Masahiro Takamatsu will both take silver, while no bronze medal would be awarded, the Olympic Council of Asia said in a statement on Saturday.
Muminov was the first athlete caught for doping at the Nov. 12-27 Asian Games where half of the planned 1,500 tests have been performed. Some 10,000 athletes are competing in Guangzhou.
(Editing by Dave Thompson; To query or comment on this story email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Canada's parliament attacked, soldier fatally shot nearby
- Attack on parliament, killing of soldier stun Canada's capital
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Lax security in focus after attack at Canada's parliament
Chelsea face the prospect of having Didier Drogba as their only fit striker for their visit to Manchester United on Sunday in what is usually one of the standout matches of the Premier League season. Full Article