Hrithik Roshan admitted to hospital
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan was admitted to a hospital in suburban Mumbai on Sunday after he suffered an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.
The 36-year-old actor, whose latest film "Guzaarish" opened in cinemas on Friday, is currently under observation in hospital, his spokeswoman told Reuters.
"My lungs just closed, throat went into spasm, couldn't breathe. I was rushed to the hospital in time," the actor said in a statement.
"But it's all good. Was celebrating 'Guzaarish' at home, now celebrating from here," he said.
Roshan, whose performance as a paraplegic in the film has been praised, is likely to be discharged on Sunday night.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan and India vow to boost defence ties during summit
- Government urges court to leave some coal blocks with companies
- Ukraine accuses Russia of "undisguised aggression" as rebels advance
- UPDATE 9-Pakistani protesters clash with police, soldiers secure state TV
Journalist Reema Abbasi's “Historic Temples in Pakistan: A Call to Conscience” is a book-length attempt to record in pictures the history of an Islamic country’s Hindu past, especially as extremist activity mounts against Pakistan’s religious and ethnic minorities, including Ahmadis, Christians, Sikhs and Shia Muslims. Full Article
'Guardians of the Galaxy' wins weekend, tops this year's box office universe Full Article