Hrithik Roshan admitted to hospital
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan was admitted to a hospital in suburban Mumbai on Sunday after he suffered an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.
The 36-year-old actor, whose latest film "Guzaarish" opened in cinemas on Friday, is currently under observation in hospital, his spokeswoman told Reuters.
"My lungs just closed, throat went into spasm, couldn't breathe. I was rushed to the hospital in time," the actor said in a statement.
"But it's all good. Was celebrating 'Guzaarish' at home, now celebrating from here," he said.
Roshan, whose performance as a paraplegic in the film has been praised, is likely to be discharged on Sunday night.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Army officer takes charge in Burkina Faso, ousting general
- UPDATE 1-J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website -media
- 'Plastic' Halloween skulls found in Connecticut are human remains
- Individual genetic differences may affect Ebola survival - study
- J.P. Morgan found hackers through breach of corporate event website - media
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article
Test flight of Virgin Galactic spaceship ends in fatal crash in California. Full Article