Hrithik Roshan admitted to hospital
MUMBAI (Reuters) - Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan was admitted to a hospital in suburban Mumbai on Sunday after he suffered an allergic reaction to an antibiotic.
The 36-year-old actor, whose latest film "Guzaarish" opened in cinemas on Friday, is currently under observation in hospital, his spokeswoman told Reuters.
"My lungs just closed, throat went into spasm, couldn't breathe. I was rushed to the hospital in time," the actor said in a statement.
"But it's all good. Was celebrating 'Guzaarish' at home, now celebrating from here," he said.
Roshan, whose performance as a paraplegic in the film has been praised, is likely to be discharged on Sunday night.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Cricket - Moeen probed after sporting 'Save Gaza' wristbands
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border
- Israel extends Gaza ceasefire for 24 hours, Hamas rejects terms
French film director Luc Besson was over $5 million richer on Monday after his film "Lucy" starring Scarlett Johansson as a woman with a super-powered brain topped the North American box office at the weekend. Full Article