Massachusetts police probe whether body fell from plane
BOSTON (Reuters) - Massachusetts authorities are investigating the possibility a 16-year-old North Carolina boy whose mangled body was found outside Boston last week fell from an airplane, an airport official confirmed on Tuesday.
Police have been unable to explain why Delvonte Tisdale, a high school student who ran away from his home in Charlotte, North Carolina, would have been in Milton, Massachusetts, some 850 miles away, where he had no known ties.
"We have been asked to provide some information about flight tracks and flight approaches that go over that community," said Phil Orlandella, a spokesman for Logan International Airport. Some planes approaching the airport fly over Milton, Orlandella said.
Police are investigating whether Tisdale may have hidden in the wheel-well of a commercial aircraft. That part of a commercial airliner is not pressurized, making it unlikely Tisdale would have survived the thin air and freezing temperatures after takeoff.
(Reporting by Scott Malone; Editing by Jerry Norton)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- UPDATE 2-Apple says celebrity photo breach targeted, not due to its systems
Pop star Justin Bieber was charged with assault and dangerous driving over the weekend after an incident near the small Canadian town where he grew up, one of his lawyers said in a statement on Tuesday. Full Article