CAIRO President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
A Syrian father on Friday buried his wife and two little boys, drowned as they tried to flee to Europe, while hundreds of migrants fled from a detention camp and escaped a train stranded under police siege in Hungary. Full Article | Video
- Kentucky clerk's office ends ban on same-sex marriage licenses
- UK's Cameron bows to pressure to take more Syrian refugees
- Hillary Clinton says 'sorry' for confusion over email account
- At least 10 killed in armed attacks in Tajikistan, U.S. embassy shut
- Saudi king meets with Obama amid Gulf concerns over Iran deal