Afghan President Hamid Karzai plans to discuss potential arms deals with Indian officials during a trip to New Delhi this week, officials said, at a time when tensions are running high on Afghanistan's disputed border with Pakistan. Full Article
- Winning ticket for $590.5 million Powerball lottery sold in Florida
- Weakened Congress wondering if early elections will help
- S.Africa minister accuses Indian High Commission official in Gupta scandal
- HSBC cuts gold, silver price forecasts for 2013, 2014
- Rod Stewart tops UK album chart for first time in 34 years
President not stepping down, Egypt info minister says
CAIRO (Reuters) - President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this