CAIRO President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
A campaign led by Shi'ite paramilitaries to drive Islamic State militants from Iraq's Sunni heartland was rebranded on Wednesday after criticism that the name chosen for the push was overtly sectarian. Full Article
- U.S. military mistakenly ships live anthrax to labs in nine states
- Exclusive - Russia masses heavy firepower on border with Ukraine: witness
- U.S. hopes Chinese island-building will spur Asian response
- Hundreds evacuated in Texas after storms leave at least 15 dead
- Iran, North Korea forging ballistic, nuclear ties - dissidents
India tipped to overtake China in Modi's first year despite sluggish feel Full Article