CAIRO President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
Medical aid group Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on Sunday demanded an independent international inquiry into a suspected U.S. air strike that killed 22 people in an Afghan hospital it runs, branding the attack a "war crime". Full Article | Video
- Assad says Russian air campaign vital to save Middle East
- Myanmar nationalist monks stage large rally as religious tensions grow
- Germany faces logistical nightmare as refugee inflows hit record
- Cameron refuses to rule out Brexit, says recasting EU ties hard work
- Families mourn victims of Guatemala landslide, hundreds feared dead