President not stepping down, Egypt info minister says
CAIRO (Reuters) - President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Japan, India vow to boost strategic ties during summit
- Federer marches on as wild weather, upsets hit U.S. Open
- Govt urges Supreme Court to not cancel some 'illegal' coal mines
- Dozens arrested at Made in America music festival in Los Angeles
Pakistani soldiers and paramilitary forces entered the headquarters of the state television channel PTV in Islamabad on Monday after a crowd of protesters stormed the building and took the channel off the air. Full Article
Israel claims West Bank land for possible settlement use, draws U.S. rebuke Full Article