CAIRO (Reuters) - President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
Trending On Reuters
Yemen's former president Ali Abdullah Saleh said on Friday he would not leave the country, dismissing reports in the Gulf Arab media that he was seeking a safe exit as Saudi Arabian war planes bomb troops loyal to him and their Houthi militia allies. Full Article
- China jails journalist for seven years for "leaking state secrets"
- Britain's opposition Labour Party hold narrow poll lead - Populus
- Iran submits four-point Yemen peace plan to United Nations
- Ukraine wants global court to investigate crimes in Crimea and east
- Saddam aide, Iraqi insurgent leader al-Douri reported killed