President not stepping down, Egypt info minister says
CAIRO (Reuters) - President Hosni Mubarak still holds power and is not stepping down, Egypt's information minister told Reuters on Thursday after international media reported the veteran ruler would quit later.
"The president is still in power and he is not stepping down," Anas el-Fekky said. "The president is not stepping down and everything you heard in the media is a rumour."
(reporting by Edmund Blair, editing by Alison Williams)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Exclusive - Pimco's Gross declares El-Erian is 'trying to undermine me'
- RPT-With Crimean appeal, Putin goes head-to-head with West over Ukraine
- Privacy groups ask regulators to halt Facebook's $19 billion WhatsApp deal
- UPDATE 3-Turkish president rejects Facebook, YouTube ban over wiretaps
- CEO in apparent suicide was bitcoin fan, had other issues, too
Vladimir Putin rebuffed a warning from U.S. President Barack Obama over Moscow's military intervention in Crimea, saying that Russia could not ignore calls for help from Russian speakers in Ukraine. Full Article | Video