FACTBOX-Security developments in Pakistan, Feb 24
Feb 24 (Reuters) - Following are security developments in Pakistan at 1430 GMT on Thursday:
MIRANSHAH - Pilotless U.S. drone aircraft fired four missiles, hitting a house and a vehicle, in North Waziristan tribal region on the Afghan border, killing at least four militants, local intelligence officials said.
There was no independent confirmation of the incident as Taliban often deny official account of such incidents and militant strongholds in the lawless tribal belt are out of bound for journalists.
LANDIKOTAL - Five tribal policemen were killed and two wounded in an attack by militants on their checkpost in Khyber tribal region, bordering border.
(Compiled by Zeeshan Haider)
(For more Reuters coverage of Afghanistan and Pakistan, see: here.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- China should set lower 2015 GDP growth target of 6.5-7 pct - IMF
- One dead, one wounded in shooting in Chicago financial district
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction
- U.S. says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- UPDATE 3-Argentine assets drop after default, "credit event" in balance
The United States said on Thursday it was hopeful that differences between India and much of the rest of the world over a major trade agreement could be resolved in time, with only hours remaining before the deal has to be signed. Full Article
ONGC, Oil India bid $1.5 bln for stake in Murphy Oil's Malaysia assets - sources Full Article