Turkish singer Tatlises shot - TV
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Unidentified assailants shot popular Turkish singer Ibrahim Tatlises in the head as he left a TV studio overnight, leaving him in a critical condition, media reports said on Monday.
The well-known performer, also a businessman with interests in tourism and restaurants, had been performing in his music show before the attack on him and his assistant around midnight in central Istanbul.
Media reports said doctors had operated three times on the singer, a Kurd from the southeastern city of Sanliurfa, and he remained in intensive care.
Police were hunting for the attackers, who fled in a car, toting Kalashnikov rifles.
(Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Malaysia Airlines plane missing at sea off Vietnam, presumed crashed
- UPDATE 3-U.S. FDA probes cognitive impact of new cholesterol drugs
- CORRECTED-UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- Ukraine standoff intensifies; Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang'
- Malaysian plane with 239 aboard crashes - report
This is a movie that does women’s empowerment a huge disservice — it depicts the protagonists as one-dimensional characters; equates justice with mob violence. What’s more, it isn’t even entertaining cinema, writes Shilpa Jamkhandikar. Full Article