Turkish singer Tatlises shot - TV
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Unidentified assailants shot popular Turkish singer Ibrahim Tatlises in the head as he left a TV studio overnight, leaving him in a critical condition, media reports said on Monday.
The well-known performer, also a businessman with interests in tourism and restaurants, had been performing in his music show before the attack on him and his assistant around midnight in central Istanbul.
Media reports said doctors had operated three times on the singer, a Kurd from the southeastern city of Sanliurfa, and he remained in intensive care.
Police were hunting for the attackers, who fled in a car, toting Kalashnikov rifles.
(Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. Army base in Texas on lockdown after suspicious vehicle found
- India approves $2.6 bln mounted gun purchase - official
- 'Hunger Games' tops U.S. box office with $123 million opening
- Computer spying malware uncovered with 'stealth' features - Symantec
- GLOBAL MARKETS-Asia stocks jump as China, Europe step up stimulus
Twenty-one films including iconic Hindi movies like Kundan Shah’s “Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron” and Satyajit Ray’s “Agantuk” will offer remake rights in a first-of-its-kind initiative during this year’s International Film Festival of India in Goa. Full Article