Turkish singer Tatlises shot - TV
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Unidentified assailants shot popular Turkish singer Ibrahim Tatlises in the head as he left a TV studio overnight, leaving him in a critical condition, media reports said on Monday.
The well-known performer, also a businessman with interests in tourism and restaurants, had been performing in his music show before the attack on him and his assistant around midnight in central Istanbul.
Media reports said doctors had operated three times on the singer, a Kurd from the southeastern city of Sanliurfa, and he remained in intensive care.
Police were hunting for the attackers, who fled in a car, toting Kalashnikov rifles.
(Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Three major nations absent as China launches World Bank rival in Asia
- Microsoft sales beat Street hopes, cloud profits up
- China's Xiaomi shifts some smartphone user data out of Beijing on privacy concerns
- Google launches new email service dubbed "Inbox"
- Gold edges higher but set for weekly loss on dollar and U.S. data
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream Indian cinema. This year, she plays Laila, a teenager who is afflicted with cerebral palsy in Shonali Bose’s “Margarita, With a Straw”. Koechlin spoke to Reuters about her role in the film and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article