Turkish singer Tatlises shot - TV
ISTANBUL (Reuters) - Unidentified assailants shot popular Turkish singer Ibrahim Tatlises in the head as he left a TV studio overnight, leaving him in a critical condition, media reports said on Monday.
The well-known performer, also a businessman with interests in tourism and restaurants, had been performing in his music show before the attack on him and his assistant around midnight in central Istanbul.
Media reports said doctors had operated three times on the singer, a Kurd from the southeastern city of Sanliurfa, and he remained in intensive care.
Police were hunting for the attackers, who fled in a car, toting Kalashnikov rifles.
(Writing by Daren Butler; Editing by Louise Ireland)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Air strikes hit Kobani as Kurdish peshmerga prepare to enter
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Europe won't recognise vote in eastern Ukraine, Merkel tells Putin
- SEBI piles pressure on Sahara to sell overseas hotels
Kalki Koechlin is one of the few Bollywood actresses in recent years to build her star power while proving her talent in indie and mainstream cinema. Koechlin, 30, who was born in India to French parents, spoke to Reuters about her role as a disabled girl in "Margarita, With a Straw" and spending two months in a wheelchair for the part. Full Article