Disneyland Paris shuts ride after accident -official
PARIS (Reuters) - The Disneyland Paris theme park closed its "Thunder Mountain" train ride on Monday after a piece of scenery fell onto one of the carriages and injured five people, one seriously, a state official told Reuters.
"A piece of scenery made from fibreglass and wood broke off and fell onto one of the carriages. There were 25 people on board," said Thierry Bonnet, deputy prefect for the Seine-et-Marne region where the park is located.
The ride was closed but the rest of the park stayed open after the accident, he added.
A spokesman for the park's operator, Euro Disney, did not return calls seeking comment. Disneyland Paris was France's top attraction in 2009, bringing in 15.4 million visitors, according to the national statistics bureau INSEE.
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- India starts biggest day of voting with BJP gaining strength
- UPDATE 3-Google misses revenue target, ad prices slide
- UPDATE 3-Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry accident
- HCL Tech March-quarter net up 59 percent, beats f'casts
- UPDATE 2-Leash on expenses helps AmEx counter muted user spending
Singer Miley Cyrus cancelled her Tuesday show in Kansas City, Missouri, after being hospitalized for a "severe allergic reaction to antibiotics". Full Article