BMW to hire more than planned for this year-paper
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) wants to hire more people than it had planned for this year and will now recruit around 2,000 new employees, its Chief Executive told Focus magazine on Sunday.
Norbert Reithofer said around half of them would work in Germany.
Last week, BMW outshone its rivals with a sharp increase in first-quarter sales and a more than fourfold increase in operating profit, fuelled by demand for the German group's cars from China and the United States. [ID:nLDE7430BO] (Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- E-tailer Flipkart raises $1 billion in funding
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight
- Special Report: Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- Citi to hire 100 bankers in Asia, eyes more business from smaller clients
- ICC bans Moeen Ali from wearing 'Save Gaza' wristbands