BMW to hire more than planned for this year-paper
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) wants to hire more people than it had planned for this year and will now recruit around 2,000 new employees, its Chief Executive told Focus magazine on Sunday.
Norbert Reithofer said around half of them would work in Germany.
Last week, BMW outshone its rivals with a sharp increase in first-quarter sales and a more than fourfold increase in operating profit, fuelled by demand for the German group's cars from China and the United States. [ID:nLDE7430BO] (Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- Indiana police charge suspect who may have killed for decades
- Oil falls below $86 as oversupply, global economy worries weigh
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 7-Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow business jet accident
- UPDATE 2-Texas investor Sam Wyly files for bankruptcy after losing SEC fraud case