BMW to hire more than planned for this year-paper
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) wants to hire more people than it had planned for this year and will now recruit around 2,000 new employees, its Chief Executive told Focus magazine on Sunday.
Norbert Reithofer said around half of them would work in Germany.
Last week, BMW outshone its rivals with a sharp increase in first-quarter sales and a more than fourfold increase in operating profit, fuelled by demand for the German group's cars from China and the United States. [ID:nLDE7430BO] (Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- In his native Alabama, Apple CEO's announcement he is gay prompts discomfort for some
- Islamic State fighters kill 220 Iraqis from tribe that opposed them
- Xiaomi moves into third place in global smartphone war
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail |
- U.S. nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride; negotiations fail