BMW to hire more than planned for this year-paper
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - BMW (BMWG.DE) wants to hire more people than it had planned for this year and will now recruit around 2,000 new employees, its Chief Executive told Focus magazine on Sunday.
Norbert Reithofer said around half of them would work in Germany.
Last week, BMW outshone its rivals with a sharp increase in first-quarter sales and a more than fourfold increase in operating profit, fuelled by demand for the German group's cars from China and the United States. [ID:nLDE7430BO] (Reporting by Marilyn Gerlach)
- Tweet this
- Share this
- Digg this
- U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - Pentagon
- Russia can run on empty for a year if sanctions block new bonds
- Mumbai hit by big power cuts after technical glitch at Tata Power unit
- Rupee sees biggest fall in three weeks on broad dollar gains
- 100 days of Modi: Good for business, not so good for marginalised groups