DUBLIN U.S. President Barack Obama will depart Ireland early for London on Monday night to avoid the effects of an ash cloud from a volcano in Iceland, a White House official said.
"Due to a recent change in the trajectory in the plume of volcanic ash, Air Force One will depart Ireland for London tonight. The schedule for tomorrow will proceed as planned," the official said.
Trending On Reuters
Medical aid group Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) on Sunday demanded an independent international inquiry into a suspected U.S. air strike that killed 22 people in an Afghan hospital it runs, branding the attack a "war crime". Full Article | Video
- Assad says Russian air campaign vital to save Middle East
- Myanmar nationalist monks stage large rally as religious tensions grow
- Germany faces logistical nightmare as refugee inflows hit record
- Cameron refuses to rule out Brexit, says recasting EU ties hard work
- Families mourn victims of Guatemala landslide, hundreds feared dead